SAFETY RECALL 21TA08
SECOND-ROW OUTBOARD SEAT BELT COULD TEAR IN A CRASH
CERTAIN 2022 MODEL YEAR SIENNA VEHICLES
CONVERTED FOR WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBILITY BY
THE BRAUN CORPORATION (BraunAbility)
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-21V889-9244
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- 🎉【2023 Upgraded Ver. of AL519/ ML519/ ML619】Autel develops the brand-new AutoLink AL619 as the advanced ver. of Autel ML519, AL519, AL319, MS309. This AL619 OBD2 scanner can scan ABS & SRS systems, and support 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function on Worldwide Vehicles to read, erase codes and turn off the MIL, ABS, SRS warning lights so that you can better maintain your car when related malfunctions occur and make your vehicle ready for the annual test.
- 🎉【Accurate ABS/ SRS Diagnostics Functions】The ABS/ SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the ABS/ SRS systems. It can read and clear DTCs, show definitions of each code, display live data of multiple sensors in the graph to locate fault causes, and assist home mechanics to do the proper repair and clear ABS & Airbag warning lights. Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Please email 📩 immoautel @ outlook. com 📩 for help.
- 🎉【All 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles. Read Codes, Erase Codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, DTC Lookup, Component Test, Viewing Vehicle Information, Modules Present.
- 🎉【Live Data and Freeze Frame Data】With Live Data functions, Autel AL619 OBD2 diagnostic code reader allows you to view the live PID (Parameter Identification Data) of the vehicle's computer module(s) in text, graph to check the status of various sensors. And Freeze Frame Data enables you to view the vehicle's operating parameters at the moment a DTC is detected. These information will aid the technician by allowing the parameters to be duplicated for diagnostic and repair purposes.
- 🎉【DTC Lookup Feature】Besides showing you the code’s definition while you are reading the diagnostic trouble codes, AL619 features comparably user-friendly DTC Lookup Function which enables you to retrieve the definitions of any error codes from the large database of AL619, saving you from the hassle of wasting time searching definition of every code via Google.
- [ABS & SRS Scanner with Active Test] The ABS/ SRS diagnostic tool Read & clear DTCs, displays live data in a graph to locate the cause of faults and assists the home mechanic with repairs and clearing ABS and airbag warning lights. Active test sensors, valves or solenoids etc. and tracks any threats in real time. It is invaluable to have a diagnostic tool with Active Test feature that you will never find on similar ABS/ SRS scanners.
- 【3 HOP Reset Services 】Easy to set up 3 regular reset services for Oil Light, Battery Management System, and Steering Angle Position. With this obd2 scanner, you can reset the oil service light and reset pre-programmed mileage intervals for energy efficiency; adjust or reset the steering angle position to keep steering aligned; and clear the original low battery fault information. No need to leave home for shop-quality car maintenance.
- 【All OBD2 Test Modes 】 This ABS & SRS scan tool is also a full featured obd2 code reader, allowing a quick test of the engine system of OBD II vehicles, can Read/Clear engine light codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, Evap Test, Read Vehicle Information, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles.
- [DTC LookUp Library] Can't read the code? Go to the DTC LookUp Library. The Topdon AL600 OBD2 scanner offers a wealth of code definitions so you don't have to look them up in a list or database, and the HELP function takes you to diagnostic tips for possible fixes, saving time searching for repair materials online. No other scan tool or code reader under $100 offers this level of assistance.
- [User-Oriented] You'll love the feel of this automotive scanner, with black rubber grips all around the outer edges for durability and to withstand accidental drops. With its easy access menu, you can operate all functions in minutes with just a few button presses. The 3-color LEDs give you a intuitive indication of the OBD2 test results in a second. 3 shortcut keys, one key to read/clear DTCs and a one-touch smoke status check make it easy to use even for beginners.
- 🎁 New Elite Version🎁 Easy to Use--Work out of Box🎁Function as LAUNCH CRP123E 🎁 Lifetime Update🎁 5 YEARS Back Up.
- [Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Tool]----The crp123 obd2 scanner is perfect balance of power and affordability, providing the ability to view preset, or user defined, live data streams for ENGINE, AT, ABS and SRS data, the ability to graph, record, replay and print data, read and resets codes for engine/abs/srs/transmission system.(Note: Does not work for other System and does not have Special services!)
- [Full OBDII Test Code Reader]----LAUNCH CRP123 scan tool supports all 10 modes of OBDII standard to ensure complete, accurate, system diagnosis. Read and Clear DTCs, do smog tests , I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests, Mode 06 EVAP system test, Mode 08 on-board test component test. And OBDII Code lookup tool and acronym database to assist and speed diagnosis and repair time.
- [Live Data Stream + Advanced OBDII Scanner + Lifetime Update]---- Launch crp123 scanner support for Generic OBDII Codes (P0, P2, P3 and U0); manufacturer specific codes (P1, P3 and U1); pending codes; freeze frame data; monitor and I/M readiness; live PCM stream data; graphing functionality for up to four (4) live data streams include the Engine Coolant Temperature, Long&Short Fuel Trim, the change of Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor , Throttle valve position , Generator load signal,Fuel Tank Pressure , Engine RPM, Intake Ait Temperature and so on; clears DTC codes and turns off the MIL; resets monitors; provides Data Link Connector (DLC) location hints.
- [Extensive Vehicle Coverage + 9 Languages]----The LAUNCH CRP123 reads data from ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, ABS and SRS systems from Asian, US and European manufacturers. Coverage includes Suzuki, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Isuzu, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Benz, BMW, VW, Opel, Volvo, Fiat, Land Rover, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Porsche, Saab, Jaguar and many others. Support 9 different languages.
- 【Easy to Use--Work out of box】+【FOXWELL 2023 New Version】 FOXWELL NT604 Elite scan tool is the 2023 new version from FOXWELL, which is designed for those car owners who want to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem via scanning the most common systems like abs srs engine and transmission.The NT604 Elite diagnostic tool comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first.
- 【Affordable】+【Reliable Car Health Monitor】 Will you be confused what happen when the warning light of abs/srs/transmission/check engine flashes? Instead of taking your cars to dealership, this foxwell scanner will help you do a thorough scanning and detection for your cars and pinpoint the root cause, which saves you time and money. It will t-urn off the warning light car after the problem is fixed.👉TIPS: Airbag crash/collision data can NOT be cleared even you replace the new airbag.
- 【5 in 1 Diagnostic Scanner】Compared with those auto scanners (50-100 USD), NT604 Elite code scanner not only includes their OBDII diagnosis but also it can be an abs/srs scanner, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 【Fantastic AUTOVIN】+【No extra software fee】Through the AUTOVIN menu, this NT604 Elite car scanner allows you to get your V-IN and vehicle info rapidly, no need to take time to find your V-IN and input one by one. What's more, the NT604 Elite abs srs scanner supports 60+ car makes from worldwide (America/Asia/Europe). You don’t need to pay extra software fee.
- 【Solid protective case KO plastic carrying bag】+ 【Lifetime update】Almost all same price-level obd scanner diagnostic tool only offers plastic bag to hold on the scanner.However, NT604 Elite automotive scanner is equipped with solid protective case, preventing your obd2 scanner from damage. Then you don’t need to pay extra money to buy a solid toolbox.
- 【More Than a OBD Scanner】 Based on the NT301 FOXWELL Scanner, NT630 Plus takes OBD diagnostics to the next level by customizing all functions for ABS and SRS systems. From reading to resetting error codes, this srs abs scanner provides in-depth insights and the ability to reset services efficiently. Plug to the vehicle’s OBD2 port and follow the instructions to start diagnosis.
- 【NO.1 ABS Bleeder Scan Tool】 The brake pedal was always slowly sinking down or becoming loose? This abs brake bleeding scan tool will bleed the brake system by cycling the pump and valves to achieve a tight brake pedal. No need to cost hundreds to own a foxwell obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed can solve your issues. Refer to the step on the screen, even a beginner can do it.
- 【Not Only Error Code Erase】 The NT630 Plus is both an airbag light reset and SAS calibration tool. Tips: Ensure it's running software version V4.02.001 before attempting to reset airbag modules. The obd2 scanner with abs and srs can not only read airbag faults but also perform resetting services after the issues have been solved - something other scanners cannot do. Also runs calibration of the steering angle sensor. Once successful calibration, the fault is automatically cleared.
- 【2023 Big Surprise】 This car scanner now includes oil light reset and EPB service functions. Resetting the oil change indicator is essential after regular maintenance or other faults cause the warning light to appear. EPB reset ensures that the brake system operates normally after replacing parts such as pads, rotors, calipers, and actuators. Oil &EPB resets can be available after car faults solved.
- 【Great Value】 Cost less than $150 to own a ABS SRS Bidirectional Scan Tool that never find on similar code readers & scan tools. This car code reader allows you to test all hidden car faults in the ABS/Airbag system, with components returning to normal operation once you exit the program. Please note that only ABS/SRS modules are supported.
- [2023 New Processor, Lifetime Free Update, No Subscription fee ] Faster! Stable! The CRP123X Elite car diagnostic scanner has a new processor, Android 7.0, 16GB of memory, 5-inch touchscreen (720P), 6100mAh rechargeable battery, One-touch Wi-Fi Lifetime Free update for more vehicle coverage, bug fixes,newly added parameters, and functionality to help you access, diagnose and fix more vehicles faster. SAVE AT LEAST $2000 PER YEAR.
- [Newly Added 3 RESET FUNCTIONS] 2023 New Ver. scan tool CRP123X Elite ADDS NEW SPECIAL FUNCTIONS--Throttle Adaptation, Oil Reset, SAS Reset. Before the trip to the mechanic, the launch crp123x elite can do deeper diagnosis for the car system and react with accurate data in minutes. Just Update the software of your CRP123X scanner, and you’ll get this high-end function at no charge.
- [Accurate & Intuitive Multi System Diagnosis] Will you be confused about what happens when the warning light of transmission, ABS, and SRS Airbag check engine flashes? Launch obd2 scanner diagnostic tool CRP123X to pinpoint the problem components for a faster diagnosis for your car instead of taking your car to the dealership, and will turn off the warning light for you after fixing the problem, make to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- [Multiple Display of Live Data + DTC Code Definition Explanation] Launch car tools shows real-time data of oil temp, pressure, transmission temp, engine speed, coolant temperature, you will know which car part is abnormal. Data can be shown in a single, multi- graph, and merge two graphs for analysis（merge 4 PIDs in one). It’s convenient for car owners to purchase auto parts and replace it by yourself, 🔥Code Search,DTC Library provide massive information.
- [Auto VIN Smart Diagnostic&Wide Range of Vehicle Supported] Launch scanner autovin technology allows you to get your VIN and vehicle info rapidly (vehicle make, model, and year info), no need to take time to find your VIN and input one by one (Some models need to type it in manually.)It has newest car software. This car code reader support vehicle like passenger car, SUVs, minivans, 12V light-duty trucks, etc. produced by Asian, European, American, Indian, and more brands between 1996 and 2023.
- 【Check Engine Light】The Innova 6100P OBD2 scanner quickly identifies fault codes and their severity to determine the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings (MIL). It features a convenient one-press hotkey to easily turn off the check engine light after vehicle maintenance. The live data displays plenty of vehicle data present, such as engine coolant temperature, fuel injector pulse width (fuel trim), RPM, spark timing, etc.
- 【Professional-Level Functionality】Beyond emission-related standard OBD II codes, the Innova 6100P scanner effectively reads and erases ABS, SRS, and Transmission codes for popular US car makes such as Ford, Chevy, Dodge, GM, etc. when the Traction light is constantly on. The ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 【Oil Light Reset+Check Oil Level & Oil Life Status】Easily view procedures or send commands for oil change, mileage or driving time reset for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles. This ABS code reader also monitors your oil level and oil life status, ensuring optimal vehicle health.
- 【Accurately Test Battery and Alternator】The Innova code reader is a must-have diagnostic tool that accurately tests the performance of your vehicle's battery and alternator. Great for use on hybrid, car, SUV, minivan, or light truck diesel. Whether it's freezing cold or sweltering hot, this tool will help you troubleshoot start-up problems with ease.
- 【No Worries with Code Severity Levels】Quickly identify if your vehicle needs immediate attention with our Code Severity Levels function. This feature helps you understand whether you need to fix an issue immediately or if it can wait until you get home, keeping warning lights at bay.
- 🔧【PLUG AND PLAY - EASY TO USE】 : It only takes 3 steps to connect to the car for diagnosis without cumbersome operations. The latest FX2000 is equipped with a one-key diagnosis function, which can automatically identify the model and year of your car, and automatically diagnose the car. Even beginners can use it to read the data to find out what the fault codes mean, how serious the fault is and what options there are to fix it before you go to the repair shop.
- 🚗【FULL OBD-LEVEL DIAGNOSTICS】: Quickly determines the cause of engine system faults, reads current, permanent and pending codes. After the repair, clears the codes and turns off the warning light. In addition, the FX2000 also displays important OBD II advanced data such as fuel, live data and other manufacturer-specific parameters in real time to ensure that the engine ECU is operating correctly and safely, saving vehicle owners a lot of time and money in maintenance.
- 🚙【TRANSMISSION FAULT DIAGNOSTIC】: When noises start to come from the transmission, your car might have transmission problems. This transmission scanner will read fault codes, display live transmission system data (fluid temperature, fluid pump, clutch actuation, pressure, etc.), and ensures transmission performance is optimal for vehicle speed and load. It provides detailed TCM data of the vehicle, so you can quickly and accurately find existing or potential problems.
- 🚐【FIND OUT SRS WRONG】: It is able to read and clear fault codes in the SRS (airbag) and turn off the warning light to make sure the system is working correctly and safely. This diagnostic tool also displays a live graphical data stream of the supplemental restraint system (air bag), which allows you to analyze and verify that the air bag system is working properly.
- 🚌【ABS OBD2 SCANNER】:The FX2000 can read and clear the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) data stream transmitted from the ABS. It can verify the operating conditions of the ABS through a series of bi-directional tests and turn off the warning light. By retrieving the ABS code data, it can check the various brake components and accurately diagnose problems.
- 【Multi-Function OBD2 Scanner】GODIAG GD203 code reader is a cost-effective products for your vehicle maintenance. This obd2 scanner does not only professional in checking the ABS/SRS systems, but also do a lot of special reset functions like Anti-lock Brake Reset, Electronic Park Brake Reset, Diesel Particulate Filter Reset, Oil Service Light Reset, TPMS, TPS/TBA, etc.
- 【ABS Bleeding Scan Tool】When the vehicle has replaced the ABS computer/ABS pump, replacing the brake master cylinder, brake cylinder, brake pipeline, and brake fluid, there may be air in the Car's ABS system. Our car diagnostic scanner can help you check for ABS bleeding, which you should perform the ABS bleeding to bleed the brake system to restore ABS braking sensitivity.
- 【ABS SRS Scan Tool】The function of airbags is to reduce the degree of injury to the people in the event of a vehicle collision. You need to check frequently whether the ABS SRS is functioning properly. Our code reader can help you find common airbag problems easily include: malfunctioning airbags, disconnected airbag wiring, and damaged airbag sensors.
- 【Oil Light Reset, EPA, SAS】If the brake pads are damaged, the brake pads should be replaced, and the brake pads need to be reset at the same time. When your car replaces the steering angle position sensor, the steering angle needs to be reset to find the relative zero where the car keeps driving straight. The oil light reset is required when the car oil or the mechanical parts that monitor oil life are replaced. Our obd2 scanner can do these jobs very well!
- 【Support 17 Languages and Multiple Car Models】Supported languages include English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Swedish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Hungarian, Thai, Slovak, Dutch and Polish. This is a car scanner tool for ABS and SRS systems that supports most types of cars on the market. (Please Note: 28 special functions are excluded!)
- ABS/SRS OBD2 Scanner > Enjoy this ABS OBD2 code reader to reveal exact issues underlying in your brake, airbag, and engine systems, test individual ABS/SRS sensors, valves, or solenoids to quickly locate malfunctions (compatible with GM, Nissan, Fiat, Benz, Volvo, Land Rover, BMW, USA Ford), making sure critical safety systems work in perfect harmony together against accidents to be safe than sorry. NOTE: Only support upgrade on windows.
- 3 Most Needed Service Functions > This OBD2 scanner guides you through step by step procedures to reset oil service light and programmed mileage intervals for engine efficiency (Oil Reset); to calibrate steering wheel position for vehicle’s traveling in a straight line (SAS Reset); to clear the original low battery fault information against coming battery failures or damage (BMS Reset); saving your needless visits to mechanics.
- Full OBD2 Diagnostics > Say goodbye to the hassle of manual check-ups via this srs code reader. Quickly correct Check Engine Light warning on most OBD2/CAN compatible vehicles. Easily access to your smog status with one simple click I/M Readiness; and being filled with features for live data readings, freeze frame data, plus EVAP system, onboard monitor test means this scan tool checks all daily car care boxes.
- Work Easier > Red-Yellow-Green LEDs in this OBD2 scanner quickly show the overall DTC status without toggling through menu selections. HELP hotkey takes you directly to detailed descriptions/tips. Read/Erase DTC, I/M readiness shortcuts are added for optimized operation, along with DTC Lookup library for interpreting codes, designing the SRS OBD2 code reader a pleasure to use right out of the package even for beginners.
- Helpful Service > Get instant, free lifetime access to the most recent updates to add new car models and troubleshooting bugs making the OBD2 scanner a long-term investment for any home mechanics. The extended 1 years of quality assurance sweetens the worry-free deal even further. Multilingual Menu: EN, FR, ES, DE, IT, RU, PT, and JP. NOTE: Only support upgrade on windows.
Last update on 2023-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS SAFETY RECALL 21TA08 SECOND-ROW OUTBOARD SEAT BELT COULD TEAR IN A CRASH CERTAIN 2022 MODEL YEAR SIENNA VEHICLES CONVERTED FOR WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBILITY BY THE BRAUN CORPORATION (BraunAbility) The repair quality of covered vehicles is extremely important to Toyota. All dealership technicians performing this repair are required to successfully complete the most current version of the E-Learning course “Safety Recall and Service Campaign Essentials”. To ensure that all vehicles have the repair performed correctly; technicians performing this recall repair are required to currently have completed all of the following courses: T623 – Toyota Electrical Circuit Diagnosis It is the dealership’s responsibility to select technicians with the above certification level or greater to perform this recall repair. Carefully review your resources, the technician skill level, and ability before assigning technicians to this repair. It is important to consider technician days off and vacation schedules to ensure there are properly trained technicians available to perform this repair at all times. 2 MOBILITY VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY Are Sienna vehicles that have been converted for wheelchair accessibility able to have the remedy performed? The remedy, can be applied to Sienna vehicles that have been converted for wheelchair accessibility by a Toyota-authorized mobility conversion company. Conversion of Sienna vehicles using non-Toyota-approved parts and/or accessories may make is difficult or impossible for a dealer to install the remedy parts for this Safety Recall. Who are the companies that have been authorized by Toyota to convert Sienna vehicles for wheelchair accessibility? Below is the list of companies that offer Toyota-authorized conversions for Sienna vehicles for wheelchair accessibility. • The Braun Corporation (BraunAbility) • Vantage Mobility International (VMI) What if a vehicle is converted by a non-authorized mobility conversion? Sienna vehicles that have been converted for wheelchair accessibility by a non-Toyota authorized mobility conversion company have undergone an unauthorized modification to the factory condition of the vehicle. These modifications may make it difficult or impossible to apply the remedy in their current condition. Toyota does not recommend modifying vehicles and cannot evaluate how any aftermarket, non-Toyota approved parts and/or modifications could affect a vehicle’s performance. Subject to individual review by the dealer and notwithstanding Toyota’s recommendation, some dealers may be willing to perform the Safety Recall remedy with the vehicle in its current modified condition. If your dealership is willing to do so, the customer may be responsible for the cost of parts and/or labor not otherwise covered by Toyota’s Safety Recall. Toyota provides the specific remedy parts, and covers 1.1 hours of dealership labor expenses. The customer is responsible to pay any additional charges for parts and/or labor which are the result of the vehicle’s non- Toyota-approved modifications. Toyota is not responsible for later performance problems the vehicle may have that are the result of the non-Toyota-approved vehicle modifications. 3 I. OPERATION FLOW CHART No further action required Not Covered Covered Campaign complete. Return the vehicle to the customer. Verify Vehicle Eligibility 1. Confirm vehicle VIN matches RO 2. Check Vehicle Inquiry System for campaign eligibility Replace the second row outboard seat belts LH and RH Perform verification Health Check and clear any DTC s No Has vehicle been converted for wheelchair accessibility by Vantage Mobility International (VMI)? Refer to the VMI Sienna Mobility Vehicle Technical Instructions Yes Is the vehicle factory-condition? Refer to the Factory-Condition Vehicle Technical Instructions Yes No Has the vehicle been converted for wheelchair accessibility by the Braun Corporation (BraunAbility)? Yes II. IDENTIFICATION OF AFFECTED VEHICLES • Check the TIS Vehicle Inquiry System to confirm that each VIN is eligible for this Special Service Campaign, and that it has not already been completed prior to dealer shipment or by another dealer. Note: TMNA warranty will not reimburse dealers for repairs completed on vehicles that are not affected or were completed by another dealer. 4 III. PREPARATION A. PARTS For Gray Trim (most common): Part Number Part Description Quantity 73370-08150-B0 BELT ASSY, REAR SEAT 3 POINT TYPE, OUTER LH 1 73360-08160-B0 BELT ASSY, REAR SEAT 3 POINT TYPE, OUTER RH 1 For Ivory Trim: Part Number Part Description Quantity 73370-08150-A0 BELT ASSY, REAR SEAT 3 POINT TYPE, OUTER LH 1 73360-08160-A0 BELT ASSY, REAR SEAT 3 POINT TYPE, OUTER RH 1 B. TOOLS, SUPPLIES & EQUIPMENT • Techstream • Standard Hand Tools • Torque Wrench 5 IV. CHECK IF VEHICLE HAS BEEN CONVERTED FOR WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBILITY 1. CHECK IF VEHICLE BEEN CONVERTED FOR WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBILITY BY VANTAGE MOBILITY INTERNATIONAL (VMI). a) Refer to graphics on the left to confirm if vehicle was converted by the VMI. Was this Sienna converted by VMI? Use the VMI Sienna Mobility Vehicle Technical Instructions No Yes Continue to step 2 (below) to check if vehicle is factory-condition 2. CHECK IF VEHICLE IS FACTORY CONDITION a) Refer to graphic on the left to confirm if vehicle is factory-condition. Is this Sienna factory-condition? Use the Factory-Condition Sienna Technical Instructions Yes Continue to step 3 (below) to check if vehicle was converted by Bruan No 3. CHECK IF VEHICLE BEEN CONVERTED FOR WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBILITY BY THE BRAUN CORPORATION (BRAUNABILITY). a) Refer to graphics on the left to confirm if vehicle was converted by the Braun Corporation. Was this Sienna converted by Braun? You are using the correct instructions document. Go to section V (pg. 6) for remedy procedure instructions Yes FACTORY CONDITION 6 These instructions are for vehicles converted for wheelchair accesbility by the BRAUN CORPORATION (BraunAbility). V. REMOVE SECOND ROW OUTBOARD SEAT BELT ASSEMBLY (LH / RH) 1. RECORD SETTINGS OF THE AUDIO SYSTEM, AIR CONDITIONER, ETC. 2. CHECK FOR DTCs 3. MAKE SPACE FOR WORK 4. DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE • Wait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the cable from the negative battery terminal to prevent airbag and seat belt pretension deployment. • Follow all precautions as outlined on TIS before servicing the SRS system. 5. REMOVE THE SECOND ROW OUTBOARD SEAT BELT ASSEMBLIES (LH and RH) Refer to TIS for instructions on SEAT BELT / REAR NO. 1 SEAT OUTER BELT ASSEMBLY (for 60/40 Split Seat Type) / REMOVAL (Doc ID: RM100000001NT97). NOTE: Reference and perform the following procedures on TIS repair manual until the step “n” a) Remove the rear door scuff plate. b) Disconnect the rear door opening trim weatherstrip c) Remove the quarter trim front lower cover Note: You may need to remove the screws, shown below, to loosen the BraunAbility lower quarter trim panel enough to remove the Toyota quarter trim front lower cover d) Disconnect the No. 2 rear door wire e) Disconnect rear seat 3 point type outer belt assembly (remove floor anchor bolt) f) Remove the rear seat outer belt cover g) Disconnect rear No. 2 seat outer belt assembly (remove c-pillar anchor bolt) h) Remove the luggage hold belt striker assembly i) Remove the back door scuff plate j) Remove the spare wheel cover assembly (w/ spare tire) k) Remove the quarter trim front panel assembly LH l) Remove the quarter trim front panel assembly RH 7 m) Remove the footrest bracket cover by removing two screws (BraunAbility conversion) n) Remove the rear window side garnish assembly (TIS repair manual) 8 o) DO NOT REMOVE the rear shoulder belt anchor plate sub-assembly p) Remove the nut to disconnect the shoulder anchor of the rear 3 point type outer belt assembly. q) DO NOT REMOVE the rear shoulder belt anchor adjuster assembly. r) Remove footrest bracket and seat belt anchor bolts (c). (BraunAbility conversion) s) Remove the 2 bolts. Disengage the 2 guides to separate the rear 3 point type outer belt assembly. DO NOT REMOVE DO NOT REMOVE 9 t) Using a screwdriver with its tip wrapped in protective tape, pull out the locking button to release the lock to disconnect the pretensioner connector as shown in the illustration. *a Locking Button *b Protective Tape NOTE: Use the same procedure for LH side and RH side. VI. INSTALL NEW SECOND ROW OUTBOARD SEAT BELT ASSEMBLY (LH / RH) 1. CONFIRM THE “L” OR “R” MARK ON NEW SEAT BELT DO NOT install seat belt on incorrect side 2. INSTALL NEW REAR SEAT 3 POINT TYPE OUTER BELT ASSEMBLY LH AND RH Refer to TIS for instructions on SEAT BELT / REAR NO. 1 SEAT OUTER BELT ASSEMBLY (for 60/40 Split Seat Type) / INSTALLATION (Doc ID: RM100000001NT99). NOTE: Reference and perform the following procedures on in this document and then switch to TIS repair manual on step “f” a) Connect the pretensioner connector and lock the locking button as shown in the illustration. *a Locking Button *b Lock b) Engage the 2 guides to temporarily install the rear 3 point type outer belt assembly. c) Temporarily install the 2 bolts. d) Tighten the bolt (A) and then the bolt (B). Torque: Bolt (A) 12.5 N*m (127 kgf*cm, 9 ft.*lbf) Bolt (B) 42 N*m (428 kgf*cm, 31 ft.*lbf) 10 e) Install the shoulder anchor of the rear 3 point type outer belt assembly with the bolt. Torque: 42 N*m (428 kgf*cm, 31 ft.*lbf) f) Install the rear window side garnish assembly. g) Install the quarter trim front panel assembly LH. h) Install the quarter trim front panel assembly RH. i) Install the spare wheel cover assembly (w/ spare tire). j) Install back door scuff plate. k) Install luggage hold belt striker assembly. l) Connect the rear No. 2 seat outer belt assembly with the bolt Torque: 42 Nm (428 kgf cm, 31 ft lbs) m) Install the rear seat outer belt cover. n) Connect rear seat 3-point type outer belt assembly (install floor anchor bolt) Torque: 42 Nm (428 kgf cm, 31 ft lbs) o) Install footrest bracket and seat belt anchor bolts (c). (BraunAbility conversion) Torque: 42 Nm (428 kgf cm, 31 ft lbs) p) Install footrest bracket cover. (BraunAbility conversion) Tighten screws until seated against plastic 11 q) Connect the No. 2 rear door wire. Torque: 11 Nm (112 kgf cm, 8 ft lbs) r) Install the quarter trim front lower cover. Note: You need to reinstall the screws, shown below, if they were removed in a prior step. s) Connect the rear door opening trim weatherstrip. t) Install quarter trim front lower cover u) Connect rear door opening trim weather strip v) Install the rear door scuff plate NOTE: Use the same procedure for LH side and RH side. 3. RECONNECT THE NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE 4. INSPECT SRS WARNING LIGHT f) Check that the airbag warning light lights when the power switch is turned on. g) Check that the airbag warning light goes off approximately 6 seconds after turning on of the ignition switch. NOTE: If the airbag warning light remains on, it is likely to be caused by connection failure of the pretensioner connector. 5. CHECK FOR DTCs 6. Refer to TIS for instructions on General / SETUP / WHEN DISCONNECTING OR RECONNECTING BATTERY TERMINAL / WORK PROCEDURE (Doc ID: RM100000001O3VN) 7. RETURN THE VEHICLE TO THE ORIGINAL STATE ◄ VERIFY REPAIR QUALITY ► • Confirm applicable initializations have been performed. • Confirm there are no DTC’s after the replacement VII. APPENDIX A. PARTS DISPOSAL In accordance with Federal law, please make sure all recalled parts (original parts) removed from the vehicle are disposed of in a manner in which they will not be reused, unless requested for parts recovery return. 12 Examples: 19TA01 = Launched in 2019, Toyota, Safety Recall Remedy Phase, 1st Safety Recall Launched in 2019 20TC02 = Launched in 2020, Special Service Campaign, 2nd Special Service Campaign Launched in 2020 21TE05 = Launched in 2021, Customer Support Program, 5th Customer Support Program Launched in 2021 Campaign Designation / Phase Decoder