September 22, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V734000
A loss of drive power increases the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V734
Manufacturer Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing
Potential Number of Units Affected 8,411
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2022 Prius and Prius Prime vehicles. The Engine Control Unit (ECU) software may falsely detect an error and shut down the hybrid system, causing a loss of drive power.
Dealers will update the ECU software, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed November 20, 2021. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota’s number for this recall is 21TB07/21TA07.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Original Publication Date: September 22, 2021
To: All Toyota Dealer Principals, General Managers, Service Managers, and Parts Managers
SAFETY RECALL 21TA07 (Interim Notice 21TB07)
Vehicle May Lose Motive Power While Driving
|Model / Years||Production Period||Approximate Total Vehicles||Approximate Stop Sale Dealer Inventory|
|2022 / Prius||Early June 2021 – Early|
|2022 / Prius Prime||2,100||30|
STOP! DO NOT SELL NEW VEHICLES IN DEALER INVENTORY.
Refer to Dealer Inventory Procedures section for more details.
On September 22, 2021, Toyota filed a Defect Information Report (DIR) with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) informing the agency of our intent to conduct a voluntary Safety Recall on certain 2022 model year Prius and Prius Prime vehicles
In the involved vehicles, a software error can cause a control computer (hybrid vehicle ECU) to erroneously determine that it does not have the correct information about the transmission position if the position changes during a short window of time when the computer is checking this information. If this occurs, warning lights will illuminate and the hybrid system will shut down resulting in loss of motive power while driving. If the vehicle loses motive power while being driven at a higher speed, there could be an increased risk of a crash.
Toyota is currently preparing the remedy. When the remedy is available, any authorized Toyota dealer will update the hybrid vehicle ECU software to correct the programming in the hybrid vehicle ECU’s shift monitoring logic FREE OF CHARGE.
There are approximately 8,500 vehicles covered by this Safety Recall. None of the vehicles covered by this Safety Recall were distributed to Puerto Rico.
Owner Letter Mailing Date
Toyota will notify owners by late November 2021.
Toyota makes significant effort to obtain current customer name and address information from each state through industry resources when mailing owner letters. In the event your dealership receives a notice for a vehicle that was sold prior to the Safety Recall announcement, it is the dealership’s responsibility to forward the owner letter to the customer who purchased the vehicle.
Please note that only owners of the covered vehicles will be notified. If you are contacted by an owner who has not yet received a notification, please verify eligibility by confirming through TIS prior to performing repairs.
Dealer Inventory Procedures
New Vehicles in Dealership Inventory
There are approximately 250 vehicles in new dealer inventory as of September 21, 2021.
|Under Title 49, Section 30112 of the United States Code, a dealer cannot sell, offer for sale, or introduce or deliver for introduction in interstate commerce a new motor vehicle when it is aware that the vehicle does not comply with an applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard or contains a defect related to motor vehicle safety. Further, 49 Code of Federal Regulations §577.13 requires us to provide the following advisory: It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.|
Toyota reimburses dealers for flooring costs associated with new vehicles held in dealership inventory until the recall remedy becomes available. Toyota provides these flooring reimbursements at 60-day intervals. Toyota reserves the right to withhold or charge-back any flooring reimbursement funds that may have been paid to the dealer if it determines that a new vehicle subject to a safety recall was sold without first being remedied.
|Vehicle Safety Recall completion should always be verified through TIS. We request your assistance to ensure involved vehicles are identified and not delivered prior to performing the remedy.|
- New vehicles in dealer inventory subject to a Safety Recall must be remedied before delivery into commerce under a sale or lease. Dealer-to-dealer trades as well as vehicle sales between dealers should not be made until a vehicle is remedied.
- Dealers can identify if any of their new and used inventory has any open campaigns in the Vehicle Inventory Summary available in Dealer Daily (Non SET and GST dealers: https://dealerdaily.toyota.com/). The Vehicle Inventory Summary may take up to 4 hours to populate information for newly launched campaigns.
Inspection Reminder Mirror Hang Tags for Covered Vehicles in New Dealer Stock
To easily recognize vehicles involved in this Safety Recall, each dealership should utilize Inspection Reminder Hang Tags. Inside the vehicle’s glove box are stickers containing the VIN. Apply one of these stickers to the hang tag and install the hang tag in the vehicle. A sample copy of the Inspection Reminder Hang Tag has been included for your reference.
|00411-140003||Inspection Mirror Hang Tag||25 Per Pack|
NOTE: Dealerships can order hang tags from the Material Distribution Center (MDC).
NOTE: Dealers can identify if any of their new and used inventory has any open campaigns in the Vehicle Inventory Summary available in Dealer Daily (Non SET and GST dealers: https://dealerdaily.toyota.com/). The Vehicle Inventory Summary may take up to 4 hours to populate information for newly launched campaigns.
Pre-Owned Vehicles in Dealer Inventory
Toyota typically requests that dealers NOT deliver any pre-owned vehicles in dealer inventory that are covered by a Safety Recall unless the defect has been remedied. In this case, until remedy parts are available, delivery of a pre-owned vehicle is acceptable if disclosed to the customer that the vehicle is involved in this Safety Recall and that the remedy is currently being prepared by Toyota.
Toyota expects dealers to use the attached Customer Contact and Vehicle Disclosure Form to obtain vehicle buyer information. Dealers are expected to provide a copy of the completed form, along with the most current FAQ, to the vehicle buyer. Toyota and the dealer may use this information to contact the customer when the remedy becomes available.
NOTE: Dealers can identify if any of their new and used inventory has any open campaigns in the Vehicle Inventory Summary available in Dealer Daily (Non SET and GST dealers: https://dealerdaily.toyota.com/). The Vehicle Inventory Summary may take up to 4 hours to populate information for newly launched campaigns. n for newly launched campaigns.
Toyota Certified Used Vehicle (TCUV)
The TCUV policy prohibits the certification of any vehicle with an outstanding Safety Recall, Special Service Campaign, or Limited Service Campaign. Thus, no affected units are to be designated, sold, or delivered as a TCUV until all applicable Safety Recalls, Special Service Campaigns, and Limited Service Campaigns have been completed on that vehicle.
Toyota Rent-A-Car (TRAC) & Service Loaners
Toyota requests that dealers remove all TRAC and Service Loaner vehicles from service that are covered by a Safety Recall unless the defect has been remedied.
Customer Handling, Parts Ordering, and Remedy Procedures
Customers who receive the owner letter may contact your dealership with questions regarding the letter and/or the Safety Recall. Please welcome them to your dealership and answer any questions that they may have. A Q&A is provided to assure a consistent message is communicated.
Customers with additional questions or concerns are asked to please contact the Toyota Brand Engagement Center (1-888-270-9371) – Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm Eastern Time.
Salvage Title Vehicles
Every attempt should be made to complete an open Safety Recall when circumstances permit, unless noted otherwise in the Safety Recall dealer letter.
It is imperative that all media contacts (local and national) receive a consistent message. In this regard, all media contacts must be directed to Ed Hellwig (469) 292-1165 in Toyota Corporate Communications. Please do not provide this number to customers. Please provide this contact only to media.
Warranty Reimbursement Procedures
Loaner Vehicle or Alternative Transportation Reimbursement Procedure
Until the remedy is available, customers who are uncomfortable driving their vehicle during the interim phase may receive a loaner vehicle or alternative transportation through Toyota Rent-A-CAR (TRAC) which may be claimed for up to $42.00 per day.
|TB7RT1||Vehicle Rental 1-30 Days|
|TB7RT2||Vehicle Rental 31-45 Days|
- Rental invoice MUST be attached to all rental claims. These claims may be subject to debit if rental invoice is not attached.
- Rentals that exceed the maximum allowable daily rate will require DSPM authorization per the Toyota Transportation Assistance Policy (TTAP).
Claim Filing Accuracy and Correction Requests
It is the dealer’s responsibility to file claims correctly for this Safety Recall. This claim filing information is used by Toyota for various government reporting activities; therefore, claim filing accuracy is crucial. If it has been identified that a claim has been filed using an incorrect Op Code or a claim has been filed for an incorrect VIN, refer to Warranty Procedure Bulletin PRO17-03 to correct the claim.
Reimbursement consideration instructions will be included in the owner letter.
Campaign Designation / Phase Decoder
19TA01 = Launched in 2019, Toyota, Safety Recall Remedy Phase, 1st Safety Recall Launched in 2019
20TC02 = Launched in 2020, Special Service Campaign, 2nd Special Service Campaign Launched in 2020
21TE05 = Launched in 2021, Customer Support Program, 5th Customer Support Program Launched in 2021
Please review this entire package with your Service and Parts staff to familiarize them with the proper step-bystep procedures required to implement this Safety Recall.
Thank you for your cooperation.
TOYOTA MOTOR SALES, U.S.A., INC.
SAFETY RECALL 21TA07 (Interim Notice 21TB07)
Vehicle May Lose Motive Power While Driving
Frequently Asked Questions
Original Publication Date: September 22, 2021
|Q1:||What is the condition?|
|A1:||In the involved vehicles, a software error can cause a control computer (hybrid vehicle ECU) to erroneously determine that it does not have the correct information about the transmission position if the position changes during a short window of time when the computer is checking this information. If this occurs, warning lights will illuminate and the hybrid system will shut down resulting in loss of motive power while driving. If the vehicle loses motive power while being driven at a higher speed, there could be an increased risk of a crash.|
|Q2:||Are there any warnings that this condition exists?|
|A2:||No. There are no warnings that this condition exists. However, if the condition occurs, the warning lights, shown below, may illuminate on the instrument panel cluster.|
NOTE: These lights can be illuminated for other reasons unrelated to this Safety Recall.
|Q3:||What is Toyota going to do?|
|A3:||Toyota is currently preparing the remedy. When the remedy is available, Toyota will send an owner notification by first class mail requesting owners to make an appointment with their authorized Toyota dealer to update the hybrid vehicle ECU software to correct the programming in the hybrid vehicle ECU’s shift monitoring logic FREE OF CHARGE.|
|Q4:||When will the remedy become available?|
|A4:||Toyota is currently preparing the remedy. At this time, Toyota estimates that the remedy will be available by late November 2021.|
|Q5:||Which and how many vehicles are covered by this Safety Recall?|
|A5:||There are approximately 8,500 vehicles covered by this Safety Recall.|
|Q6:||What if I previously paid for repairs related to this Safety Recall?|
|A6:||Reimbursement consideration instructions will be provided in the owner letter.|
|Q7:||How does Toyota obtain my mailing information?|
|A7:||Toyota uses an industry provider who works with each state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to receive registration or title information, based upon the DMV records. Please make sure your registration or title information is correct.|
|Q8:||What if I have additional questions or concerns?|
|A8:||If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact the Toyota Brand Engagement Center at 1-888-270-9371 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm Eastern Time.|
September 22, 2021
DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
- Vehicle Manufacturer Name:
Toyota Motor Corporation [“TMC”]
Affiliated U.S. Sales Company:
Toyota Motor North America, Inc. [“TMNA”]
6565 Headquarters Drive, Plano, TX 75024
Manufacturer of Hybrid Vehicle ECU:
1-1, Showa-cho, Kariya-city, Aichi-pref., 448-8661, Japan
DENSO TEN Limited
2-28, Gosho-dori 1-chome, Hyogo-ward, Kobe-city, Hyogo-pref., 652-8510, Japan
Country of Origin: Japan
- Identification of Involved Vehicles and Affected Components:
Based on production records, we have determined the involved vehicle population as in the table below.
|Make/Car Line||Model Year||Manufacturer||Production Period|
|Toyota / Prius, Prius Prime||2022||TMC||June 1, 2021 through August 3, 2021|
|Applicability||Part Number||Part Name||Component Description|
|MY2022 Toyota Prius||89981-47U30|
|Computer, Hybrid Vehicle Control||Hybrid Vehicle ECU|
|MY2022 Toyota Prius Prime||89981-47S90|
(1) Although the involved vehicles are within the above production period range, not all vehicles in this range were sold in the U.S.
(2) This issue only affects vehicles equipped with a hybrid vehicle ECU that contains the programming error described in this report. Other Toyota or Lexus vehicles sold in the U.S. are not equipped with those hybrid vehicle ECUs.
- Total Number of Vehicles Potentially Involved:
- Percentage of Vehicles Estimated to Actually Contain the Defect:
100% of the involved vehicles contain a hybrid vehicle ECU with the programming error described in this report. Whether the issue, in each case, will actually lead to a hybrid system shut down while driving at higher speeds depends on whether the driver shifts the transmission such that the shifter position status signal happens to change during an approximately 0.1 millisecond window and the vehicle operating conditions at that time.
- Description of Problem:
The subject vehicles are equipped with a hybrid vehicle ECU which, among other tasks, validates a signal reporting the transmission shift position by checking that the signal status remains consistent within an approximately 0.1 millisecond window during each check. Due to incorrect programming for this task, the hybrid vehicle ECU can incorrectly determine that this signal is erroneous if the shifter position status happens to change during this approximately 0.1 millisecond window. If this occurs, warning lights will illuminate and the hybrid system will shut down, resulting in loss of the motive power. If the vehicle loses motive power while being driven at a higher speed, there could be an increased risk of a crash.
- Chronology of Principal Events:
July – August 2021
In early July 2021, Toyota received the first field report alleging warning lights illuminated on a subject vehicle in Japan. The dealer inspected the vehicle and found a DTC indicating hybrid vehicle ECU “Monitoring Processor Unexpected Operation.” The hybrid vehicle ECU from this vehicle was recovered to the supplier for investigation. However, the supplier could not identify any abnormalities with the ECU.
Toyota investigated the freeze frame data collected from this vehicle to better understand the potential vehicle operating conditions around the time that the hybrid vehicle ECU “Monitoring Processor Unexpected Operation” DTC occurred. It was identified that this DTC was set while the vehicle was stationary and just after the vehicle was shifted from Park to Drive. Through freeze frame data and the DTC detection criteria analysis, it was hypothesized that the data indicated an abnormal shift condition may have occurred and the hybrid system shut down could result from that condition.
Toyota searched for and identified other cases of alleging that certain warning lights illuminated and a hybrid system shutdown. These cases involved hybrid system shutdown occurring at lower speeds. Toyota analyzed the available freeze frame data for these cases. Through this search and analysis, Toyota identified that there were some cases in the Japan market where this same condition may have occurred when shifting the vehicle. However, in these cases, the shifting patterns were not limited to D and P (e.g., the patterns included shifting from D to N or D to R).
Based on the general conditions that were observed from the above cases, the supplier began conducting tests in an attempt to duplicate the DTC, warning lights illumination, and hybrid system shutdown when shifting the vehicle. At this time, the condition could not be duplicated. Toyota determined that additional analysis was needed to help narrow the potential conditions to be investigated.
Toyota began reviewing the portions of the hybrid vehicle ECU logic that could prompt the aforementioned DTC. Based on this review, Toyota identified that a validation check occurs on the transmission shift position signal and that the ECU logic in the subject vehicles would set the aforementioned DTC after this signal fails the validation check only one time. This review also identified that other ECUs (in vehicles other than the subject vehicles) had a different logic for this validation check (i.e., they require this signal to fail the validation check more than one time).
Based on this new information, the supplier continued tests with narrower conditions to attempt to duplicate the failure.
In early September 2021, the supplier duplicated the failure in simulation testing. Based on the result of the tests, Toyota identified that there is a possibility that the hybrid vehicle ECU could incorrectly determine that transmission shift position signal is erroneous if the shifter position status happens to be changed during an approximate 0.1 millisecond window in which the hybrid vehicle ECU validates that signal. This prompts the aforementioned DTC. It also causes warning lights to illuminate and a hybrid system shutdown to occur, resulting in a loss of motive power.
Based on additional analyses of the investigation information available at this point, it was also identified that the circumstances needed to create this condition could occur when shifting the vehicle from any position, such as shifting from D to B, which is an operation that could be performed by a vehicle operator while driving at higher speeds. Thus, Toyota determined that it is possible that this condition could lead to a loss of motive power while driving at higher speeds.
September 16, 2021
Based on the results of the above investigation, Toyota decided to conduct a voluntary safety recall campaign.
As of September 16, 2021 based on a diligent review of records, Toyota’s best engineering judgment is that there is 1 field report (received on August 24, 2021) and 0 warranty claims that have been received from U.S. sources that relate or may relate to this condition and which were considered in the decision to submit this report.
- Description of Corrective Repair Action:
All known owners of the subject vehicles will be notified by first class mail to return their vehicles to a Toyota dealer. For all involved vehicles, dealers will update the hybrid vehicle ECU software to correct the programming in the hybrid vehicle ECU’s shift monitoring logic.
Reimbursement Plan for pre-notification remedies:
As the owner notification letters will be mailed out well within the active period of the Toyota New Vehicle Limited Warranty (“Warranty”), all involved vehicle owners for this recall would have been provided a repair at no cost under Toyota’s Warranty.
- Recall Schedule:
Notifications to owners of the affected vehicles will occur by November 20, 2021. A copy of the draft owner notification will be submitted as soon as it is available.
- Distributor/Dealer Notification Schedule:
Notifications to distributors/dealers will be sent on September 22, 2021. Copies of dealer communications will be submitted as they are issued.
- Manufacturer’s Campaign Number:
[Interim / Remedy] 21TB07/ 21TA07
2 Affected Products
4 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Toyota Date: September 22, 2021 SAFETY RECALL 21TA07 (Interim Notice 21TB07)
September 22, 2021 DEFECT INFORMATION REPORTRMISC-21V734-2408
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V734-3711
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
Toyota, Scion, and Lexus ECMs can be reprogrammed with the TIS Techstream, Techstream Lite, Diagnostic Tester, or can also be reprogrammed using a Toyota validated J2534 interface. Vehicle recalibration requires the use of the following:
- TIS Professional Level Subscription
- Personal Computer running Microsoft Windows XP/2000 or later operating system
Toyota strongly recommends USING ONLY VALIDATED INTERFACE DEVICES that appear on this list.
Toyota works closely with J2534 interface manufacturers to ensure that their hardware works safely and efficiently with our products. Every device listed on this page has been thoroughly tested and validated on Toyota, Scion, and Lexus vehicles.
It is important to understand that only the specific devices, firmware, DLLs and APIs listed here have been tested by Toyota. We do not recommend use of any other J2534 device, firmware, DLL or API that is not listed here. Changes to J2534 hardware/software is outside of Toyota’s control; in some cases, changes made to device hardware/software can negatively impact reprogramming performance. Toyota makes every effort to continue to work with J2534 interface manufacturers to ensure continued product compatibility as our respective products evolve.
J2534 Approved Device Application Chart
|Flasher LT-Import||Bosch Diagnostics||01.02.07||01.02.07||04.04||8.8||B, C, D, E|
|Flasher PRO||Bosch Diagnostics||01.09.18||01.09.18||04.04||8.8||B, C, D, E|
|Mastertech VCI||Bosch Diagnostics||220.127.116.11||18.104.22.168||04.04||Testing in Progress||B, C, D, E|
|VSI-2534||Dearborn Group||1.112||2.05.22||04.04||8.10||C, D|
|CarDAQ Plus||Drew Technologies||01.09.18||01.09.18||04.04||8.8||B, C, D, E|
|Mongoose MFC||Drew Technologies||01.02.07||01.02.07||04.04||8.8||B, C, D, E|
|Mongoose PRO||Drew Technologies||22.214.171.124||126.96.36.199||04.04||8.16||A, B, C, D|
|Pass Thru Pro II||Snap-On||01.09.18||01.09.18||04.04||8.8||B, C, D, E|
*Original validated firmware/DLL versions may be superceded by the device manufacturer. Contact the device manufacturer if you are unable to find the versions listed above.
Supported Operating Systems
|A||Windows 8 (32-bit; 64-bit)|
|B||Windows 7 (32-bit; 64-bit)|
|C||Windows VISTA Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate|
|D||Windows XP Pro SP1 or later|
|E||Windows 2000 SP2 or later|
For more information about the J2534 devices listed above, click on the vendor names. To report compatibility problems with listed hardware/software, please contact the device manufacturer.
Obtaining Calibration Files
The Flash Reprogramming Calibration CD is no longer available.
ECU Calibrations are now available for download directly from TIS. A valid TIS Professional Level subscription is required to access Calibration files. These files are compatible with the above mentioned scantools and J2534 interfaces. The Calibration page, located on the Diagnostics tab in the TIS site, contains all the most current vehicle calibration files, applicable Service Bulletins, and instructions for use. Select the following link for step by step instructions to access this page.
- Advanced Diagnostic Scanner for ECU Programming : MK908P has been designed to perform some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz. With the jbox/J2534 VCI or BMW Ethernet Cable, you can edit the cars performance data, like adjusting RPM, fuel injection, etc. A professional car diagnostics scanner to save time/effort on repairs. Form some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz
- Comprehensive Features : Besides Coding and ECU programming functions, the scan tool supports reprogram keys, Bi-directional control, active test, ABS bleeding, complete capabilities for codes, live data, actuation tests, adaptations, prints out recorded data with Wi-Fi. Warm tips Benz-14 & Chang'an-3 Adapters only for UK version, not US version
- User Friendly : The live data stream displayed the real time PID data from ECU and the displayed data included analog inputs and outputs, digital inputs and outputs and system status information broadcast. The graphic display greatly improved the readability and understandability of above parameters. This is definitely a perfect scan tool for enthusiasts interested in knowing how their car is running
- Easy to Operate : The hardware can equal to a best rank android tablet in the market and that made the whole diagnostic procedure more quickly and precisely. Maxisys platform, cloud-based Maxisys provide a large amount of data about the diagnosis and repair advices, that’s really helpful, whenever you encounter problems, you can find solutions from it
- Compatible with Some Add-ons : Combination with Oscilloscope Maxi Scope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras MV108, the power of this tool is amazing and the detail you receive about every component of the vehicle makes pinpointing a problem painless. Affordable combination of MS908P and TS601 supports TPMS programming, which turns into a powerful diagnostic tool.
- 🎉【ECU Programming +Same Functions as Maxisys Elite】Coming with J2534 ECU programming device, Autel MK908P is competent for ECU programming specific BENZ/ BMW. EXACTLY the same functions as Autel MaxiSys Elite, making itself the most cost-effective high-end diagnostic scanner in Autel product line. The 2021 Newest intelligent automotive diagnostic scan tool is specially designed for mid-scale or large-scale workshops and vehicle repairing houses.
- 🎉【Online Functions + Active Test】: There is online coding for VW, Audi, Porsche, Benz, BMW. Online configuration for Renault is unique among diagnostic industries. Besides, Autel MK908P features Bi-Directional Control (Active Test) to request information or command an actuator to perform specific tests, like cycling the a/c clutch on and off, perform an evaporative emissions leak test and more tests to solve the specific repairing work.
- 🎉【All-system Diagnose + 36 Service Functions】: Provided with full-systems diagnosis (ABS, SRS, Engine, Transmission, Brake System, Emission System, Fuel system, Light system, Wiper System, etc.). MaxiSys Pro MK908P also offers another 36+ service functions to help your repairing work faster, easier, and more professional. These service functions include immo keys/throttle/injecor coding/trans adaption/suspension/tyre retrofit/DPF/brake bleed/oil reset and more.
- 🎉【Common + Luxury Car Makes Coverage】MK908P is designed for repairing store, thus it enjoys extensive coverage for almost all car makes. Firstly, it has a wide range of compatibility for over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Besides, you have access to the newest model with fast-release software update. Moreover, There are basic diagnostic functions and most service / special functions compatible with Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Maserati etc.
- 🎉【Advanced Hardware + Reliable Service】As the advanced version of MS908P, MS908S, MS908E, MS908PS PRO, Autel MK908P runs much faster with android 4.4 OS, hexa-core processor, KitKat operating system, 2GB RAM & 64GB on-board memory, 10.1 inches LED screen ,20+ adapters and cables. 1-year free update, 12-month warranty, 30-day free return fees, 24-hour after-sales service are offered and promised.
- 🚩🚩【2 Years Free Update, More effective than Autel MK908P/MS908S Pro】Autel MaxiSys Elite 2-year free update version, with the same functions and updated hardware from Autel MS908S Pro/MK908P, priced at $2900, making itself the most cost-effective high-end diagnostic scanner in Autel product line. (MS908S Pro/MK908P+2nd year update fees=$2399+$1295).
- 🚩🚩【Elite-Live Up to Its Name】 As the updated version of Autel MK908P/MS908CV, the MaxiSys Elite is more economical than Ultra which costs you 2000 bucks more. The flagship-product- MaxiSys Elite has equipped with a set of solid hardware such as ✅ Quad-core Processor- NVIDIA Tegra 4, ✅ 2GB RAM & 64GB ROM, ✅ 9.7” Retina display with ✅ 2048X1536 resolution,✅ Android 4.4.4 OS, ✅ 15400mAH battery, etc. We have prepared almost everything just to smooth a path for your vehicle diagnostic process.
- 🚩🚩【ECU Programming & Coding】To bring out your potential and maximize the profit, the MaxiSys Elite has featured two essential functions-ECU Coding & Programming which empowers you to 👍 program the blank ECUs, 👍 match the components, 👍 reflash the second-hand ECUs, 👍 flash the hidden functions. And also, you can pass thru the gateway to access online data, because the Elite is compatible with J2534 interface. 👉NOTE: ONLY SUPPORTED IN U.S. MARKET.
- 🚩🚩【36+ Special Functions & Full-System Diagnosis】The 36+ special functions can help you cope with variety of DTCs as easy as ABC. Here is a list of commonly used special functions, maybe you can find something you’ve been looking for👉: Oil Light Reset, Steering Angle Reset, Injector Coding, ABS Bleeding, TPMS Reset, EPB Reset, Suspension Reset, etc. As for the full-system diagnostic, the Elite allows you to root out the problems hidden in the onboard systems such as👉 PCM, ECM, EPS, PDM, BCM, TPM, SCCM, RADIO, etc.
- 🚩🚩【Online Functions & Active Test】The MaxiSys Elite also provides you with some high-end functions which helps you to pass-thru the gateway to access online vehicle repair data for instance the online coding for VW, Audi, Porsche, Benz, BMW and the online configuration for Renault and so on. To help you to build a bridge to mutual communicate with the onboard systems, the active test can send the orders to ECUs and control the onboard modules such as PDM, SMF, RSM, TCU, etc.
- 👍【SAME AS MK908P & BETTER TECH SUPPORT】 MS908S Pro has EXACTLY the same diagnostics and service functions as MK908P and Autel MaxiSys Elite. Unlike online product MK908P, MS908S Pro is a mature product that has been tested and approved by workshops across US! NOTE: MS908S Pro is for North & South America only, and support English only.
- 👍【J-2534 ECU PROGRAMMING】Autel MaxiSys MS908S Pro is a professional automotive diagnostic scanner that utilizes powerful Cortex A7+A15 six-core processor that can perform OE level all systems diagnostics and various special functions. With J2534 ECU Programming Device included, it is capable of replacing the existing software & firmware and programming new ECUs(PCM, ECM) for specific BMW and Benz.
- 👍【25 SPECIAL FUNCTIONS FOR PROS】 Autel MS908S Pro is an advanced auto scan tools that can perform various special functions: Oil Reset, EPB reset, DPF Regen, ABS Bleed, SAS, Battery Registration, Injector Coding, Power Balance, Crankshaft Variation Learn and etc. NOTE: Special Functions are NOT universally compatible. Pls send VIN to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 to check compatibility before purchase.
- 👍【EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE】 MS908S Pro diagnostic scanner computer covers more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes. The scan tool can work on most OBDII-compliant vehicles to locate check engine issues, 80+ makes and models to scan all available systems. For special functions, coverage varies across vehicles, please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 to check compatibility first.
- 👍【HASSLE-FREE PURCHASE】 Autel MaxiSys MS908S Pro car scanner comes with 12 Months FREE software updates and services and is backed by Amazon 30 Day Return Policy. If there are any issues or concerns, please contact us directly via 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 for prompt tech support and best after-sales services! Purchase now to solve drivability issues, emission issues and save both time & money.
- 🚐【25 Special Services + 23 Adaption Functions】 : Autel Maxisys MS908CV, the 2021 new version, is a top heavy duty truck scanner with 25 special services (including Oil Reset, Injector Coding, DPF, EPB, ABS, SRS, Suspension, Throttle ...) and 23 adaption functions (including DOC/DPF Instant Replacement Reset, Fuel Pressure Adaptation Reset, Injector CEOM Reset etc.) to meet all your needs.
- 🚐【OE-Level Full Systems Diagnosis】: Auel truck scanner Maxisys 908CV is an affordable choice to compete with OEM scanners with more advanced functions, while less budget. Autel diesel truck scanner 908cv can read DTCs to locate the fault, clear DTCs to turn off the MIL, retrieve ECU information to learn about the details and views live data. Full-system diagnosis can be applied to Ford truck, Toyota bus, Toyota truck, Nissan, Peugeot, Astra, Champion, Bendix, and more to include 80+ makes.
- 🚐【Advanced ECU Coding】: Autel Maxisys cv ms908cv is equipped with advanced ECU coding which allows you to update the vehicle’s computer software to the latest version, or write in adaptive data for certain components after making repairs or replacements. Maxisys 908CV provides hundreds of methods to improve truck’s performance, like drivability, fuel efficiency, etc. Coding function can be perfectly compatible with Citroen, Dodge, Volvo, Gillig, New Flyer, Nova bus, Pierce and etc.
- 🚐【Designed for Commercial Vehicles】: Autel MS908CV performs diagnosis for heavy trucks, light trucks, natural gas vehicles, construction vehicles, and buses and so on, working with more than 80 commercial vehicle brands, ideal for large repair shops and professional mechanics. As the 2021 new version from Autel, with a 1-year warranty and 24-hour tech support, MS908CV can cover more cars and makes sure that you would not run into any difficulties when using it.
- 🚐【Best Investment with Active Test】: 🅰🆄🆃🅴🅻 Truck scanner MaxiSys MS908CV provides direct access to the vehicle-specific subsystems and components, and output commands to the specific solenoid/relay/ switch to precisely locate faults. Its bidirectional control is applicable for rolling up / down a window, turning the fuel pump on and off, cycling the a/c clutch on and off, and helping with an emissions leak test.
- [J2534 COMPLIANT] - The Mastertech II is a J2534-1 and J2534-2 compliant VCI for OEM reprogramming and diagnostic applications
- [FULLY VALIDATED BY TOP 6 OEMS] - Mastertech II has been fully validated to operate with the top 6 OEM reprogramming applications: GM, Ford, FCA, Nissan/Infinity, Honda/Acura, and Toyota/Lexus
- [PRE-CONFIGURED] - The pre-configured wireless and wired connections make it quick and easy to connect to a vehicle from your PC (requires PC compliant with OE specifications and software)
- [RIGHT TO REPAIR] - Supports 'Right to Repair' (R2R) initiatives
- [COMPREHENSIVE KIT] - Kit includes: VCI, WiFi adapters (wireless PC to VCI), J1962 Cable (connect to vehicle), USB cable (connect to PC for firmware updates and setup), and Quick Start Guide
- 【2021 Scanner for Heavy-Duty Vehicles】:Here we present you the Autel Maxisys MS908CV—a high-end diagnostic tool tailored for commercial vehicles such as semi-trucks, light-duty trucks, buses, construction vehicles, agricultural vehicles and supports 80+ brands. The official updates can always keep the scan tool up with the trends so as to meet the needs of workshops and pro mechs. As an official authorized Autel scanner, stick to the old rules, 365 days QA and 24/7 technical support.
- 【25 Special Functions + 23 Adaptation Functions】:Get the right tool, get the things done. In total we’ve packed 25 service functions such as Oil Reset, SAS Rest, ABS Reset, for normal passenger cars and 23 adaption functions such as O2 Sensor Calibration, DPF Regeneration, Fuel Pressure Adaptation, for commercial vehicles. And those functions work perfectly for the 99% of commercial vehicles in the U.S. market for instance Freightliner, Kenworth, Peterbilt, International, Volvo, etc.
- 【ECU Coding & J2534】:Heavy-duty scanner MaxiSys CV empowers you to match modules with components, flash the hidden functions, and customize the OE-settings and it’s compatible with light-duty trucks and semi-trucks such as: Ford F-series, RAM Trucks, Scania, Mercedes, Iveco, etc. The J2534 ECU programming will no longer be a problem once you have the MS908CV in your hands. It acts as a pass-thru device and help you pass-thru the gateway to access the data for coding.
- 【Full-System Diagnostic】:To help you root out the problems hidden underneath the hood, Autel diagnostic scan tool MS908CV can conduct a full-system diagnostic and present you with the full details about DTCs. Here are some on-board system it can dive into, such as Engine, AT, ABS, SRS, IMMO, air conditioning system, steering angle system, air suspension system, etc. Once the diagnostic is complete, you can access further details from waveform data stream or the health status report.
- 【Active Test & Relearning】: Autel Scanner MaxiSys CV is a bridge for you to mutual communicate with on-board modules and conduct active tests to track down the problems. Cylinder deactivation test, on-board electronic components test, cylinder compression test, all of those complex tests can be done with Autel MS908CV. And also the MS908CV can read the injectors QR code and match them with ECU once the replacement is done. There is still a lot more waiting for you to find out.
- 👍【Works with Autel MK908, MS908(S/Pro), MK908P, MaxiSys Elite】Autel J2534 work with these tools to program ECUs on specific BMW/ BENZ for specific functions. ★★NOTE: J2534 CANNOT directly work with these single devices. After you received the J2534, you HAVE TO send us both the S/N(12 digits) of your tablet MS908S(etc.) and J2534. So, technically, Autel engineers can help you bind J2534 with your devices. If need any supports, contact us via: 🚘auteldirect @ outlook. com🚘 !
- 👍Fully compatible with both SAE J2534-1 and J2534-2 reprogramming standards and performs standard Pass Thru J2534 functionality. To check compatibility, please contact🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 directly for satisfaction-guaranteed support!
- 👍Compatible with Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics. To check compatibility, please contact 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 directly for satisfaction-guaranteed support!
- 👍Built-In Wireless with advanced networking functions and data storage. Fast performance ensures reprogramming even the newest controllers & Internet upgradable and updatable.
- 👍Attention: 1. After you ordered and received the J2534, please send us both of the S/N(12 digits, at the back of the device) of the J2534 and your MK908(P) /MS908S (Pro)/ Maxisys Elite to us to bind the two device together. 2. The functions are NOT universally compatible. Please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 to check compatibility before your order.
- VXDIAG SVCI J2534 can compatible with SAE J2534-1 and partly compatible with SAE J2534-2. It supports most of vehicle communication protocols and can be used as PassThru device for many dealer level diagnostic software. And it can be used as a ELM327 device also, support most of ELM327 software.
- High speed host communication and Stable host communication. (with RTS/CTS flow control).Host communication is high-speed and stable, keeping the diagnosis smooth. And the programming function requires the original online account .（Not work for the Ford F serial cars, like F150,F250,F350,F450）
- [Switch on the Interface] There is a switch button on the interface. Please do press the switch button for the Module you want enter in. Pressed: works as ELM327 mode Released: works as J2534 mode
- VXDIAG SVCI J2534 is compatible with Ford / Mazda IDS,Only need to do two steps to Installs software. First,Install FVDI J2534 start software,then install the original brand vehicle software,For example, Ford, Mazda.(Before install the software,pls turn off your antivirus software )
- For software installation, please feel free to contact our online customer service.
- VCX is designed on the basis of the latest automotive international standards so that it can support many professional automotive diagnostic applications
- WIFI Version VXDIAG VCX Nano compatible for TOYOTA and Lexus, support both USB connection and WIFI connection, support latest version software, Compatible with varieties protocols. can be very easy to connect various automotive bus to a PC
- OS support both WINDOWS XP and Windows 7, Software support multi-languages: Chinese, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, ec
- You can download the vxmanager online, if you have any license problem please send us the serial number to extend the license
- One year warranty. Please contact us via order center if you have any problem with software installation
Last update on 2021-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API