If an involved service replacement part is installed in a vehicle, it can leak power steering fluid due to a manufacturing error. If a sufficient amount leaks, power steering assist can be suddenly lost. While manual steering remains functional, the loss of power steering assist may increase the steering effort needed and can increase the risk of a crash.
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- 🎉【2023 Upgraded Ver. of AL519/ ML519/ ML619】Autel develops the brand-new AutoLink AL619 as the advanced ver. of Autel ML519, AL519, AL319, MS309. This AL619 OBD2 scanner can scan ABS & SRS systems, and support 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function on Worldwide Vehicles to read, erase codes and turn off the MIL, ABS, SRS warning lights so that you can better maintain your car when related malfunctions occur and make your vehicle ready for the annual test.
- 🎉【Accurate ABS/ SRS Diagnostics Functions】The ABS/ SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the ABS/ SRS systems. It can read and clear DTCs, show definitions of each code, display live data of multiple sensors in the graph to locate fault causes, and assist home mechanics to do the proper repair and clear ABS & Airbag warning lights. Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Please email 📩 immoautel @ outlook. com 📩 for help.
- 🎉【All 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles. Read Codes, Erase Codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, DTC Lookup, Component Test, Viewing Vehicle Information, Modules Present.
- 🎉【Live Data and Freeze Frame Data】With Live Data functions, Autel AL619 OBD2 diagnostic code reader allows you to view the live PID (Parameter Identification Data) of the vehicle's computer module(s) in text, graph to check the status of various sensors. And Freeze Frame Data enables you to view the vehicle's operating parameters at the moment a DTC is detected. These information will aid the technician by allowing the parameters to be duplicated for diagnostic and repair purposes.
- 🎉【DTC Lookup Feature】Besides showing you the code’s definition while you are reading the diagnostic trouble codes, AL619 features comparably user-friendly DTC Lookup Function which enables you to retrieve the definitions of any error codes from the large database of AL619, saving you from the hassle of wasting time searching definition of every code via Google.
- 🔧【PLUG AND PLAY - EASY TO USE】 : It only takes 3 steps to connect to the car for diagnosis without cumbersome operations. The latest FX2000 is equipped with a one-key diagnosis function, which can automatically identify the model and year of your car, and automatically diagnose the car. Even beginners can use it to read the data to find out what the fault codes mean, how serious the fault is and what options there are to fix it before you go to the repair shop.
- 🚗【FULL OBD-LEVEL DIAGNOSTICS】: Quickly determines the cause of engine system faults, reads current, permanent and pending codes. After the repair, clears the codes and turns off the warning light. In addition, the FX2000 also displays important OBD II advanced data such as fuel, live data and other manufacturer-specific parameters in real time to ensure that the engine ECU is operating correctly and safely, saving vehicle owners a lot of time and money in maintenance.
- 🚙【TRANSMISSION FAULT DIAGNOSTIC】: When noises start to come from the transmission, your car might have transmission problems. This transmission scanner will read fault codes, display live transmission system data (fluid temperature, fluid pump, clutch actuation, pressure, etc.), and ensures transmission performance is optimal for vehicle speed and load. It provides detailed TCM data of the vehicle, so you can quickly and accurately find existing or potential problems.
- 🚐【FIND OUT SRS WRONG】: It is able to read and clear fault codes in the SRS (airbag) and turn off the warning light to make sure the system is working correctly and safely. This diagnostic tool also displays a live graphical data stream of the supplemental restraint system (air bag), which allows you to analyze and verify that the air bag system is working properly.
- 🚌【ABS OBD2 SCANNER】:The FX2000 can read and clear the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) data stream transmitted from the ABS. It can verify the operating conditions of the ABS through a series of bi-directional tests and turn off the warning light. By retrieving the ABS code data, it can check the various brake components and accurately diagnose problems.
- 🎁 New Elite Version🎁 Easy to Use--Work out of Box🎁Function as LAUNCH CRP123E 🎁 Lifetime Update🎁 5 YEARS Back Up.
- [Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Tool]----The crp123 obd2 scanner is perfect balance of power and affordability, providing the ability to view preset, or user defined, live data streams for ENGINE, AT, ABS and SRS data, the ability to graph, record, replay and print data, read and resets codes for engine/abs/srs/transmission system.(Note: Does not work for other System and does not have Special services!)
- [Full OBDII Test Code Reader]----LAUNCH CRP123 scan tool supports all 10 modes of OBDII standard to ensure complete, accurate, system diagnosis. Read and Clear DTCs, do smog tests , I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests, Mode 06 EVAP system test, Mode 08 on-board test component test. And OBDII Code lookup tool and acronym database to assist and speed diagnosis and repair time.
- [Live Data Stream + Advanced OBDII Scanner + Lifetime Update]---- Launch crp123 scanner support for Generic OBDII Codes (P0, P2, P3 and U0); manufacturer specific codes (P1, P3 and U1); pending codes; freeze frame data; monitor and I/M readiness; live PCM stream data; graphing functionality for up to four (4) live data streams include the Engine Coolant Temperature, Long&Short Fuel Trim, the change of Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor , Throttle valve position , Generator load signal,Fuel Tank Pressure , Engine RPM, Intake Ait Temperature and so on; clears DTC codes and turns off the MIL; resets monitors; provides Data Link Connector (DLC) location hints.
- [Extensive Vehicle Coverage + 9 Languages]----The LAUNCH CRP123 reads data from ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, ABS and SRS systems from Asian, US and European manufacturers. Coverage includes Suzuki, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Isuzu, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Benz, BMW, VW, Opel, Volvo, Fiat, Land Rover, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Porsche, Saab, Jaguar and many others. Support 9 different languages.
- 【Check Engine Light】The Innova 6100P OBD2 scanner quickly identifies fault codes and their severity to determine the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings (MIL). It features a convenient one-press hotkey to easily turn off the check engine light after vehicle maintenance. The live data displays plenty of vehicle data present, such as engine coolant temperature, fuel injector pulse width(fuel trim), RPM, spark timing, etc.
- 【Professional-Level Functionality】Beyond emission-related standard OBD II codes, the Innova 6100P scanner effectively reads and erases ABS, SRS, and Transmission codes for popular US car makes such as Ford, Chevy, Dodge, GM, etc. when the Traction light is constantly on. The ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 【Oil Light Reset+Check Oil Level & Oil Life Status】Easily view procedures or send commands for oil change, mileage or driving time reset for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles. This ABS code reader also monitors your oil level and oil life status, ensuring optimal vehicle health.
- 【Accurately Test Battery and Alternator】The Innova code reader is a must-have diagnostic tool that accurately tests the performance of your vehicle's battery and alternator. Great for use on hybrid, car, SUV, minivan, or light truck diesel. Whether it's freezing cold or sweltering hot, this tool will help you troubleshoot start-up problems with ease.
- 【No Worries with Code Severity Levels】Quickly identify if your vehicle needs immediate attention with our Code Severity Levels function. This feature helps you understand whether you need to fix an issue immediately or if it can wait until you get home, keeping warning lights at bay.
- 【Multi-Function OBD2 Scanner】GODIAG GD203 code reader is a cost-effective products for your vehicle maintenance. This obd2 scanner does not only professional in checking the ABS/SRS systems, but also do a lot of special reset functions like Anti-lock Brake Reset, Electronic Park Brake Reset, Diesel Particulate Filter Reset, Oil Service Light Reset, TPMS, TPS/TBA, etc.
- 【ABS Bleeding Scan Tool】When the vehicle has replaced the ABS computer/ABS pump, replacing the brake master cylinder, brake cylinder, brake pipeline, and brake fluid, there may be air in the Car's ABS system. Our car diagnostic scanner can help you check for ABS bleeding, which you should perform the ABS bleeding to bleed the brake system to restore ABS braking sensitivity.
- 【ABS SRS Scan Tool】The function of airbags is to reduce the degree of injury to the people in the event of a vehicle collision. You need to check frequently whether the ABS SRS is functioning properly. Our code reader can help you find common airbag problems easily include: malfunctioning airbags, disconnected airbag wiring, and damaged airbag sensors.
- 【Oil Light Reset, EPA, SAS】If the brake pads are damaged, the brake pads should be replaced, and the brake pads need to be reset at the same time. When your car replaces the steering angle position sensor, the steering angle needs to be reset to find the relative zero where the car keeps driving straight. The oil light reset is required when the car oil or the mechanical parts that monitor oil life are replaced. Our obd2 scanner can do these jobs very well!
- 【Support 17 Languages and Multiple Car Models】Supported languages include English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Swedish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Hungarian, Thai, Slovak, Dutch and Polish. This is a car scanner tool for ABS and SRS systems that supports most types of cars on the market. (Please Note: 28 special functions are excluded!)
- 【Easy to Use--Work out of box】+【FOXWELL 2023 New Version】 FOXWELL NT604 Elite scan tool is the 2023 new version from FOXWELL, which is designed for those car owners who want to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem via scanning the most common systems like abs srs engine and transmission.The NT604 Elite diagnostic tool comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first.
- 【Affordable】+【Reliable Car Health Monitor】 Will you be confused what happen when the warning light of abs/srs/transmission/check engine flashes? Instead of taking your cars to dealership, this foxwell scanner will help you do a thorough scanning and detection for your cars and pinpoint the root cause, which saves you time and money. It will t-urn off the warning light car after the problem is fixed.👉TIPS: Airbag crash/collision data can NOT be cleared even you replace the new airbag.
- 【5 in 1 Diagnostic Scanner】Compared with those auto scanners (50-100 USD), NT604 Elite code scanner not only includes their OBDII diagnosis but also it can be an abs/srs scanner, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 【Fantastic AUTOVIN】+【No extra software fee】Through the AUTOVIN menu, this NT604 Elite car scanner allows you to get your V-IN and vehicle info rapidly, no need to take time to find your V-IN and input one by one. What's more, the NT604 Elite abs srs scanner supports 60+ car makes from worldwide (America/Asia/Europe). You don’t need to pay extra software fee.
- 【Solid protective case KO plastic carrying bag】+ 【Lifetime update】Almost all same price-level obd scanner diagnostic tool only offers plastic bag to hold on the scanner.However, NT604 Elite automotive scanner is equipped with solid protective case, preventing your obd2 scanner from damage. Then you don’t need to pay extra money to buy a solid toolbox.
- 【ABS & SRS Diagnoses + Active Test for ABS SRS】LAUNCH CR629 scan tool can do advanced Bidirectional Control (active test), read vehicle version information, read/clear DTCs, and read graphic live data stream for ABS SRS modules. Utilizing the active test can detect the hidden problems when you see the related warning light of ABS SRS systems. 📌NOTE: This launch obd2 scanner currently supports ACTIVE TEST for 20 car brands. Please contact us to check the compatibility before purchase.
- 【3 Reset Services】This automotive scanner LAUNCH CR629 provides 3 reset services: Oil reset, SAS reset and BMS Reset, helping to keep your car running smoothly. ➤Oil Reset: To reset the oil life each time you have the oil and oil filter changed. ➤SAS Reset: To perform a calibration of the steering angle sensor following a wheel alignment or installation of a suspension or steering part. ➤BMS Reset. 📌Please contact us to check the vehicle compatibility for reset services before purchase.
- 【OBD2 Full Functions + Support 10000+ Vehicle】 Come with 10 modes of OBD2 tests (including Read/Clear codes, View Freeze Frame Data, O2 Sensor Test, Evap Test, etc.), LAUNCH CR629 obd2 scanner tells you the exact problem behind the check engine warning light, solve emission issues, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles. This ABS SRS scan tool supports ABS & SRS diagnoses for 42 car brands. 22 Car brands for BMS reset, 53 brands for oil reset, and 41 brands for SAS reset.
- 【User-friendly + Live Data Stream】 LAUNCH CR629 car code reader is specially designed with the following features ➤3.5 inch large LCD color display. ➤3 hot keys（F1/F2/F3）to access to the target interface directly with ONE CLICK. ➤DTC Lookup to identify a code’s meaning directly. No google research needed! ➤PC Printing to print the information out after PC connection. ➤Review data records historical DTCs, data streams and freeze frame data, which is convenient to view at any time.
- 【5 Years Warranty + Lifetime Free Update+ 8 Languages】 This original Launch OBD2 scanner CR629 is backed up by Launch official after-sale services with 5-year warranty, available 60-days return & replacement policy. This car code scanner supports English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Italian. If you have any problem, you can contact us freely via customer service email or message us on Amazon.
- [ABS & SRS Scanner with Active Test] The ABS/ SRS diagnostic tool Read & clear DTCs, displays live data in a graph to locate the cause of faults and assists the home mechanic with repairs and clearing ABS and airbag warning lights. Active test sensors, valves or solenoids etc. and tracks any threats in real time. It is invaluable to have a diagnostic tool with Active Test feature that you will never find on similar ABS/ SRS scanners.
- 【3 HOP Reset Services 】Easy to set up 3 regular reset services for Oil Light, Battery Management System, and Steering Angle Position. With this obd2 scanner, you can reset the oil service light and reset pre-programmed mileage intervals for energy efficiency; adjust or reset the steering angle position to keep steering aligned; and clear the original low battery fault information. No need to leave home for shop-quality car maintenance.
- 【All OBD2 Test Modes 】 This ABS & SRS scan tool is also a full featured obd2 code reader, allowing a quick test of the engine system of OBD II vehicles, can Read/Clear engine light codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, Evap Test, Read Vehicle Information, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles.
- [DTC LookUp Library] Can't read the code? Go to the DTC LookUp Library. The Topdon AL600 OBD2 scanner offers a wealth of code definitions so you don't have to look them up in a list or database, and the HELP function takes you to diagnostic tips for possible fixes, saving time searching for repair materials online. No other scan tool or code reader under $100 offers this level of assistance.
- [User-Oriented] You'll love the feel of this automotive scanner, with black rubber grips all around the outer edges for durability and to withstand accidental drops. With its easy access menu, you can operate all functions in minutes with just a few button presses. The 3-color LEDs give you a intuitive indication of the OBD2 test results in a second. 3 shortcut keys, one key to read/clear DTCs and a one-touch smoke status check make it easy to use even for beginners.
- 🚙【2023 Upgraded Version of AL319/ AL519/ ML519/ ML619】Autel develops the brand-new AutoLink AL619 as the advanced ver. of Autel AL519, ML519, AL319, MS309. This Auel AL619 OBD2 scanner can scan ABS & SRS modules and supports Full 10 Modes of OBDII Functions with Enhanced Mode 6 on Worldwide Vehicles to read/ erase codes and turn off the MIL, reset ABS, SRS warning lights so that you can better maintain your car when related malfunctions occur and get your vehicle ready for the annual test.
- 🚙【Accurate ABS/SRS Diagnostic】If you accidentally trigger an ABS light or airbag light, AL619 can tell you what is making them on. AL619 scan tool can perform ABS/SRS diagnostic to get ABS/SRS codes to quickly locate the problem areas, replace bad parts or make repairs, clear the codes and turn off the warning lights. NOTE: ABS SRS Scan does NOT work on vehicles after 2015, and functions are not universal. Please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook. com🚘 to check compatibility.
- 🚙【Full OBD2 Functions & Numerous DTC Lookup】Only a scanner equipped with full OBD2 capability will help you most effectively! AL619 scanner can perform ALL 10 modes of OBD2 tests on vehicles to check emission-related conditions, including: read code, clear code, view live data, freeze frame data, vehicle info, check I/M readiness status, O2 monitor test, on-board monitor test, EVAP leak test, modules present. Built-in DTC Library can directly search DTC meaning, no need to google or guess it.
- 🚙【Accurate Read & Clear DTCs】Getting diagnostic codes(DTCs) is necessary before repairs if you don't want to be ripped off. AL619 can read codes and clear codes, helping you save trouble:1)before repairs, locate issues and decide whether to fix them yourself or go to a mechanic; 2)after repairs, make sure the issues have been fixed; 3) clear occasional fault codes, turn off CEL or MIL, and get car back to normal.
- 🚙【Turn Off CEL & Smog Check】The Check Engine Light is always annoying you, most of the time because of a little thing like a loose gas cap, isn't it? With AL619 scan tool, you can read code to quickly find out why the check engine light is on and reset it. Don’t waste money on a failed smog test! AL619 can retrieve I/M Readiness status to make sure OBD2 monitors on your car are “Ready”, monitors like misfire, fuel, catalyst, O2 sensors, EVAP, etc, to help you pass the annual smog check.
- 【NO.1 Customized FOXWELL Scanner】 Based on the NT301 obd scanner, NT630 Plus takes OBD diagnostics to the next level by customizing all functions for ABS and SRS systems. From scanning to reading error codes, this srs abs scanner provides in-depth insights and the ability to reset services efficiently. Plug to the vehicle’s OBD2 port and follow the instructions to start diagnosis.
- 【Beginner Level】 The brake pedal was always slowly sinking down or becoming loose? This abs brake auto bleed scan tool will bleed the brake system by cycling the pump and valves to achieve a tight brake pedal. No need to cost hundreds to own a foxwell obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed can solve your issues. Refer to the step on the screen, even a beginner can do it.
- 【Advanced Level】 The NT630 Plus is both an airbag light reset and SAS calibration tool. Tips: Ensure it's running software version V4.02.001 before attempting to reset airbag modules. It can not only read airbag faults but also perform resetting services after the issues have been solved - something other scanners cannot do. Also runs calibration of the steering angle sensor. Once successful calibration, the fault is automatically cleared.
- 【2023 Big Surprise】 This car scanner now includes oil light reset and EPB service functions. Resetting the oil change indicator is essential after regular maintenance or other faults cause the warning light to appear. EPB reset ensures that the brake system operates normally after replacing parts such as pads, rotors, calipers, and actuators. Oil &EPB resets can be available after car faults solved.
- 【Great Value】 Cost less than $150 to own a ABS SRS Bidirectional Scan Tool that never find on similar code readers & scan tools. This car code reader allows you to test all hidden car faults in the ABS/Airbag system, with components returning to normal operation once you exit the program. Please note that only ABS/SRS modules are supported.
Last update on 2023-10-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAFETY RECALL 21TH01 Potentially Defective Power Steering Gear Assemblies Certain 2007-2021 Model Year Tundra Certain 2008-2022 Model Year Sequoia Updated: 3/2/2022 • Update Steering Gear Inspection, Section VI, for additional detail and clarity. The repair quality of covered vehicles is extremely important to Toyota. All dealership technicians performing this recall are required to successfully complete the most current version of the E-Learning course “Safety Recall and Service Campaign Essentials”. To ensure that all vehicles have the repair performed correctly; technicians performing this repair are required to currently have completed all of the following courses: – T453 Toyota Suspension, Steering, and Handling It is the dealership’s responsibility to select technicians that have completed the above courses to perform this repair. Carefully review your resources, the technician skill level, and ability before assigning technicians to this repair. It is important to consider technician days off and vacation schedules to ensure there are properly trained technicians available to perform this repair at all times. 2 I. OPERATION FLOW CHART Inspect Steering Gear Assembly to Confirm if Affected Covered Campaign completed, return the vehicle to the customer No further action required Not ..Covered.. Not Affected Inspect Power Steering System for Damage Affected Verify Vehicle Eligibility 1. Confirm vehicle VIN matches the RO. 2. Check Vehicle Inquiry System for Campaign eligibility. 3. Confirm the customer requested inspection because they had their Power Steering Gear Assembly replaced between August 5th, 2021 and February 18th, 2022 or they are unable to confirm the repair history and are requesting inspection. No Damage Found Damage Found Replace Steering Gear Replace Steering Gear, PS Pump, PS Lines, and PS Cooler II. IDENTIFICATION OF AFFECTED VEHICLES 1. CHECK VEHICLE FOR CAMPAIGN ELIGIBILITY a. Compare the vehicles VIN to the VIN listed on the Repair Order to ensure they match. b. Check the TIS Vehicle Inquiry System to confirm the VIN is involved in this Campaign, and that it has not already been completed. Note: TMNA warranty will not reimburse dealers for repairs completed on vehicles that are not affected or were previously completed, even by another dealer. 3 III. PREPARATION A. PARTS NOTE: PARTS ARE NEEDED BASED ON VEHICLE INSPECTION Part Number Part Description Quantity The parts below are only needed if the Steering Gear Assembly was found to be affected during inspection. Use EPC for Exact Part Power Steering Gear Assembly (New, Not Remanufactured) 1 Cotter pin 2 *Cotter pin (Front Axle, 4WD Only) 2* *Ring, Shaft Snap (for front drive innter shaft outer, 4WD Only ) 2* *Gasket (for front differential drain plug, 4WD Only) 1* *Gasket (for front differential fill plug, 4WD Only) 1* Power Steering Fluid (quarts) 3 **Hardware Kit (Only if TRD Skid Plate Equipped) 1 The parts below are only needed if damage is found during inspection. (A photo of damage will be required) Use EPC for Exact Part Reservoir Assy, Vane Pump Oil 1 Cooler Sub-Assy, Power Steering oil, no.1 1 Hose, Oil Reservoir to Pump, no.1 1 Tube Assy, Pressure Feed 1 Pump Assy, Vane 1 O-Ring (for radiator drain cock) 1 Gasket, Pressure Port, No 1 1 Tundra Coolant 3 Gallons Sequoia Coolant 4 Gallons *Parts only required for Four Wheel Drive **Parts only required for TRD Skid Plate B. TOOLS & EQUIPMENT • Techstream • Standard Hand Tools • Torque Wrench • Smart Phone with QR Code Reader SST – These Special Service Tools required for this repair: Part Number Tool Name Quantity 09610-20012 Pittman Arm Puller 1 09520-32040 Slide Hammer (5lb) 1 09520-01010 Drive Shaft Remover Attachment 1 09520-24010 Differential Side Gear Shaft Tool 1 09961-01270 Torque Wrench adapter 1 C. MATERIALS • Toyota Genuine Differential Gear Oil (08885-02506) LT SAE 75W-85 GL-5 or equivalent • Power Steering Fluid (00718-ATF00) 4 IV. BACKGROUND If an involved service replacement part is installed in a vehicle, it can leak power steering fluid due to a manufacturing error. If a sufficient amount leaks, power steering assist can be suddenly lost. While manual steering remains functional, the loss of power steering assist may increase the steering effort needed and can increase the risk of a crash. 5 V. COMPONENTS 6 7 8 9 10 VI. STEERING GEAR INSPECTION (Finding 151 Steering Gears) CRITICAL INFORMATION OF INSPECTION– READ THOROUGHLY Step 1: (Primary Step) Confirm if Steering Gear was produced in Suspect Range by Serial Number and Part Number Note: Part Number is used to differentiate 2011 & 2021 Steering Gears Step 2: (If Required) Inspect Steering Gear Machine Mark ID Location to determine which line steering gear was produced on. Only 1 of 4 production lines were producing suspect parts during the suspect range. No Repair Required Inspection Complete Locate Steering Gear Label Website logic confirms if Steering Gear was produced during suspect range. NOT Affected Take picture of label with serial number and QR code visible and clear. Upload Photo and Enter Steering Gear Serial Number and Part Number into Website Suspect Range Campaign complete. Return the vehicle to the customer. Locate and take picture of steering machine mark. Upload picture of machine mark location and select location on website Not Location B Repair Required (Only 151 repairs for entire equipment recall) Location B This is primary inspection step. 99.9% of inspection only require Serial No. & Part Number (In QR Code) Serial Number Part Number in QR Code must be scanned Serial Number Decoder Suspect Range: July 26, 2021 – October 21, 2021 (Oct = X in Serial Number) 11 1. LOCATE STEERING GEAR LABEL AND SERIAL NUMBER a. Lift vehicle b. Remove the front passenger side tire. c. Remove the clips (2) of the front fender apron on the passenger side to gain access to the top of the steering gear. d. Locate the steering gear label on top of the steering rack looking through the fender apron access window created. e. If the label is dirty, clean the label with a rag so that the QR code and printed serial number can be clearly read. Hint: Dirty labels can affect a scanner ability to read the QR code. Ensure it is clean before taking picture. 2. TAKE PICTURE OF LABEL AND QR CODE a. Reaching through the fender apron opening take a clear picture of the serial number label and QR code with smart phone. b. It is ideal the picture shows both the label, QR code and scanned data (data shown in red box of image) in one image as shown. If this cannot be performed based on your phone’s ability a clear picture with QR code and serial is ok. It is critical that the QR code data is read because you will be required to input the information into the website to determine if steering gear is affected. 12 Example of Serial Number Photos Example A Example B Example C Remedy Inspection Website https://21th01.imagespm.info/ Username: 5-digit Dealer Code Default Password: XXXXX Each dealer only has a single account, please ensure that the reset password is communicated to all technicians and dealer associates that will be utilizing this website. 3. Log into Remedy Inspection Website a. Enter all requested information along with VIN 4. Upload photo and enter steering gear information a. Upload photo to website with the label, QR code, and information b. Enter the serial number into the serial field (red highlighted info) c. Enter the part number into PN field. (Blue Highlighted info , This number will always start with 442xx-xxxxx, this can only be acquired by reading QR code) Hint: • The serial number and part number information will be used by the website to confirm if the steering gear is potentially affected. • If unable to read QR code due to damage enter serial number as it is printed on label shown in red box • If you are unable to get all info in one screen shot upload clear picture of QR code and label. • If the label is missing and not on steering gear you must upload a picture of where the label should be. 13 Factory Skid Plate Remove 1 TRD Skid Plate Only Open Access Door 5. IF REQUIRED BY WEBSITE Inspect the machine mark location. a. Remove the #1 Engine Cover by removing the 3 screws and 5 bolts NOTE (Fig1): For TRD Skid plates ONLY remove oil access door for inspection. 6. LOCATE STEERING GEAR MACHINE ID MARK a. Locate the cast circle on top of the steering gear housing as shown in the picture below b. Take a picture of the machine ID mark Note: For picture you can use cell phone, borescope, camera. It can be difficult to get phones to proper angle, so the use of a mirror is permissible. Ensure picture is clear. Fig 1 Machine Machine ID MarkID Mark Punch Punch MarkMark 14 7. INSPECT THE MACHINE ID MARK a. Inspect the machine ID mark and inspect punch mark location NOTE: Fig 1. Shows an image without the use of a mirror. Fig 2 Shows an image with a mirror. Also note if you take picture in selfie mode it will be a mirrored image. Location “B” is located next to the steering gear radius edge shown. This is critical for inspection; ensure you make correct judgement. Examples of NG Location B (Replacement required) Location B top view Location B with Mirror Example of Ok Locations (No Replacement needed) Location “A” top view Location E Borescope view Location with Mirror AA BB CC DD EE FF GG Fig 2 Fig 1 E A E B B 15 8. Upload the Picture of the Machine Mark Location 9. Select the Machine ID Mark Location from Drop Down Menu and Press Submit 10. Print and Save Inspection Result and Attach to R.O. M 16 11. Post Inspection Flow Chart Proceed to number 12 No Yes Does the website state to replace steering gear? Continue to Section VII and inspect for power steering fluid leaks/and system damage. 12. REINSTALL NO. 1 ENGINE COVER a. Hook the engine under cover onto the body b. Install the 5 bolts c. Install the 3 screws Note (Fig1): For TRD Skid plates shut and secure oil access door. Bolt Torque Spec: 21 ft*lbs. (29 N*m) Screw Torque Spec: 48 in *lbs. (5.4 N*m) 13. Reinstall apron with 2 clips 14. Reinstall Passenger Side Tire and Wheel Wheel Lug Nut Torque Spec: Aluminum: 97 Ft*lbs. (131 N*m) Steel: 154 ft*lbs. (209 N*m) Fig 1 17 VII. POWER STEERING SYSTEM INSPECTION 1. INSPECT POWER STEERING SYSTEM FOR DAMAGE a. Inspect the steering gear for signs of leaks and power steering fluid. b. Inspect the steering gear boots for swelling or signs of fluid inside the boot. NOTE: The issue can cause steering fluid to leak into the steering gear boots. Fig 1. Shows steering fluid leaking into the boots. 2. INSPECT POWER STEERING RESERVOIR a. Inspect fluid level with the engine on and off HINT: ENSURE VEHICLE IS ON A LEVEL SURFACE b. Remove reservoir cap and inspect reservoir for signs of metallic debris. NOTE: Fig 1 shows fluid with metallic debris Fig 2 shows an empty reservoir with metallic debris. c. If reservior is found empty or metalic debris is found take picture of condition. It will be required for parts release. Fig 1 Fig 1 Fig 2 18 3. Post Inspection Flow Chart Is Reservoir Empty? No Inspect Reservoir for Metallic debris Proceed to Section VIII and Replace Power Steering Gear Only Yes Is Metallic Debris found? No Proceed to Section IX and Replace Power Steering Gear and Pump Yes VIII. REPAIR DISASSEMBLY 1. REMOVE STEERING GEAR ASSEMBLY Tundra (2007-2015) POWER STEERING: POWER STEERING GEAR: REMOVAL; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000002H5R001X) Tundra (2016-2021) POWER STEERING: STEERING GEAR: REMOVAL; 2016 – 2021 MY Tundra [08/2015 – ] (RM100000000S475) Sequoia (2008-2015) STEERING GEAR / LINKAGE: STEERING GEAR: REMOVAL; 2008 MY Sequoia [11/2007 – ] (RM000002H5R003X) Sequoia (2016-2022) STEERING GEAR / LINKAGE: STEERING GEAR: REMOVAL; 2016 – 2022 MY Sequoia [08/2015 – ] (RM100000000SBUV) NOTE: (IF EQUIPPED) REMOVE TRD SKID PLATE 2014-2019 Tundra TRD SKID PLATE PT938-341410 REMOVAL (T-AI-1011-D) 2. REMOVE RADIATOR AND POWER STEERING COOLER (Only required if system damage is found during inspection.) Tundra (2007-) 1GR-FE COOLING: RADIATOR: REMOVAL; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000002BGI009X) 19 Tundra (2007-) 2UZ-FE COOLING: RADIATOR: REMOVAL; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000002BGI00AX) Tundra (2007-) 3UR-FE COOLING: RADIATOR: REMOVAL; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000002BGI00EX) Tundra (2016-2019) 1UR-FE (COOLING): RADIATOR: REMOVAL; 2016 – 2019 MY Tundra [08/2015 – 08/2019] (RM100000000S3MF) Tundra (2016-2019) 3UR-FBE (COOLING): RADIATOR: REMOVAL; 2016 – 2018 MY Tundra [08/2015 – 08/2018] (RM100000000S3LB) Tundra (2020-2021) 3UR-FE (COOLING): RADIATOR: REMOVAL; 2019 – 2021 MY Tundra [08/2018 – ] (RM100000000S3LV) Sequoia (2008-) 2UZ-FE COOLING: RADIATOR: REMOVAL; 2008 MY Sequoia [11/2007 – ] (RM000002BGI00RX) Sequoia (2008-) 3UR-FE COOLING: RADIATOR: REMOVAL; 2008 MY Sequoia [11/2007 – ] (RM000002BGI00SX) Sequoia (2020-2022) 3UR-FE (COOLING): RADIATOR: REMOVAL; 2016 – 2022 MY Sequoia [08/2015 – ]- ] (RM100000000SB8A) 3. REMOVE POWER STEERING VANE PUMP (Only required if system damage is found during inspection.) Tundra (2007-) POWER STEERING: VANE PUMP (for 3UR-FE): REMOVAL; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000002H5D003X) Tundra (2007-) POWER STEERING: VANE PUMP (for 2UZ-FE): REMOVAL; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000002H5K001X) Tundra (2007-) POWER STEERING: VANE PUMP (for 1GR-FE): REMOVAL; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000002H5D001X) Tundra (2020-2021) POWER STEERING: VANE PUMP (for 3UR-FE): REMOVAL; 2020 – 2021 MY Tundra [08/2019 – ] (RM100000001J76S) Sequoia (2008-) POWER ASSIST SYSTEMS: VANE PUMP (for 3UR-FE): REMOVAL; 2008 MY Sequoia [11/2007 – ] (RM000002H5D00FX) Sequoia (2008-) POWER ASSIST SYSTEMS: VANE PUMP (for 2UZ-FE): REMOVAL; 2008 MY Sequoia [11/2007 – ] (RM000002H5K003X) Sequoia (2020-2022) POWER ASSIST SYSTEMS: VANE PUMP (for 3UR-FE): REMOVAL; 2020 – 2022 MY Sequoia [08/2019 – ] (RM100000001J6K8) 20 IX. REPAIR REASSEMBLY 1. INSTALL POWER STEERING VANE PUMP Tundra (2007-2019) POWER STEERING: VANE PUMP (for 3UR-FE): INSTALLATION; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000002H5D003X) Tundra (2007-2019) POWER STEERING: VANE PUMP (for 2UZ-FE): INSTALLATION; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000002H5G001X) Tundra (2007-2019) POWER STEERING: VANE PUMP (for 1GR-FE): INSTALLATION; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000002H59001X) Tundra (2020-2021) POWER STEERING: VANE PUMP (for 3UR-FE): INSTALLATION; 2020 – 2021 MY Tundra [08/2019 – ] (RM100000001J76W) Tundra (2008-) POWER ASSIST SYSTEMS: VANE PUMP (for 3UR-FE): REMOVAL; 2008 MY Sequoia [11/2007 – ] (RM000002H5D00FX) Sequoia (2008-) POWER ASSIST SYSTEMS: VANE PUMP (for 2UZ-FE): INSTALLATION; 2008 MY Sequoia [11/2007 – ] (RM000002H5K003X) Sequoia (2008-2015) POWER ASSIST SYSTEMS: VANE PUMP (for 3UR-FE): INSTALLATION; 2008 MY Sequoia [11/2007 – ] (RM000002H5900FX) Sequoia (2016-2022) STEERING GEAR / LINKAGE: STEERING GEAR: INSTALLATION; 2016 – 2022 MY Sequoia [08/2015 – ] (RM100000000SBUS) 4. INSTALL POWER STEERING COOLER AND LINES 5. INSTALL RADIATOR Tundra (2007-) 1GR-FE COOLING: RADIATOR: INSTALLATION; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000001465006X) Tundra (2007-) 2UZ-FE COOLING: RADIATOR: INSTALLATION; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000002BGG00AX) Tundra (2007-) 3UR-FE COOLING: RADIATOR: INSTALLATION; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM00000146500AX) Tundra (2016-2019) 1UR-FE (COOLING): RADIATOR: INSTALLATION; 2016 – 2019 MY Tundra [08/2015 – 08/2019] (RM100000000S3MD) 21 Tundra (2016-2019) 3UR-FBE (COOLING): RADIATOR: INSTALLATION; 2016 – 2018 MY Tundra [08/2015 – 08/2018] (RM100000000S3L9) Tundra (2020-2021) 3UR-FE (COOLING): RADIATOR: INSTALLATION; 2016 – 2018 MY Tundra [08/2015 – 08/2018] (RM100000000S3LT) Sequoia (2008-) 2UZ-FE COOLING: RADIATOR: INSTALLATION; 2008 MY Sequoia [11/2007 – ] (RM000002BGG00GX) Sequoia (2008-) 3UR-FE COOLING: RADIATOR: INSTALLATION; 2008 MY Sequoia [11/2007 – ] (RM00000146500GX) Sequoia (2020-2022) 3UR-FE (COOLING): RADIATOR: INSTALLATION; 2016 – 2022 MY Sequoia [08/2015 – ] (RM100000000SB88) 6. INSTALL STEERING GEAR ASSEMBLY Tundra (2007-2019) POWER STEERING: POWER STEERING GEAR: INSTALLATION; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000002H5N001X) Tundra (2020-2021) POWER STEERING: STEERING GEAR: INSTALLATION; 2020 – 2021 MY Tundra [08/2019 – ] (RM100000001KZ2N) Sequoia (2008-2015) STEERING GEAR / LINKAGE: STEERING GEAR: INSTALLATION; 2008 MY Sequoia [11/2007 – ] (RM000002H5N003X) Sequoia (2016-2022) STEERING GEAR / LINKAGE: STEERING GEAR: INSTALLATION; 2016 – 2022 MY Sequoia [08/2015 – ] (RM100000000SBUS) Assembly Installation: 2014-2019 Tundra TRD SKID PLATE PT938-341410 (T-AI-1011-D) 7. PERFORM VEHICLE ALIGNMENT Tundra (2007-2019) SUSPENSION: FRONT WHEEL ALIGNMENT: ADJUSTMENT; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 – ] (RM000001V4300CX) Tundra (2020-2021) SUSPENSION: FRONT WHEEL ALIGNMENT: ADJUSTMENT; 2020 – 2021 MY Tundra [08/2019 – ] (RM100000001K1VU) Sequoia (2008-2019) ALIGNMENT / HANDLING DIAGNOSIS: FRONT WHEEL ALIGNMENT: ADJUSTMENT; 2008 MY Sequoia [11/2007 – ] (RM000001V4300JX) Sequoia (2020-2022) ALIGNMENT / HANDLING DIAGNOSIS: FRONT WHEEL ALIGNMENT: ADJUSTMENT; 2020 – 2022 MY Sequoia [08/2019 – ] (RM100000001K2NF) 22 19 19 = 2019 20 = 2020 21 = 2021 22 = 2022 23 = 2023 Etc… Year Campaign is Launched 19TA01 T T = Toyota L = Lexus Vehicle Make A A = Safety Recall Remedy B = Safety Recall Interim C = Special Service Campaign D = Limited Service Campaign E = Customer Support Program F = Emissions Recall G = Consumer Advisory H = Equipment Recall (May use other characters in unique cases) Field Action Category and Phase 01 01 = 1st Field Action of the year 02 = 2nd Field Action of the year 03 = 3rd Field Action of the year (The sequence is unique for each Field Action category) (May use other characters in unique cases) Field Action Sequence Examples: 19TA01 = Launched in 2019, Toyota, Safety Recall Remedy Phase, 1st Safety Recall Launched in 2019 20TC02 = Launched in 2020, Special Service Campaign, 2nd Special Service Campaign Launched in 2020 21TE05 = Launched in 2021, Customer Support Program, 5th Customer Support Program Launched in 2021 ◄ VERIFY REPAIR QUALITY ► • Confirm inspection was performed correctly • Confirm no power steering system leaks • Confirm proper power steering fluid level • Confirm all bolts are torqued properly • Confirm vehicle is aligned • Confirm there are no DTC’s present after repair If you have any questions regarding this instruction, please contact your regional representative. APPENDIX A. PARTS DISPOSAL In accordance with Federal law, please make sure all recalled parts (original parts) removed from the vehicle are disposed of in a manner in which they will not be reused, unless requested for parts recovery return. B. CAMPAIGN DESIGNATION DECORDER